Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Sized White Cotton Gloves Do You Wear.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
641 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As we all know CRHing is a dirty hobby.

What size of gloves should I wear?

I do not know if a large or extra large would be a good fit for me.

Any suggestions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7021 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  01:12 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd get exam gloves, latex for that, cheap, disposable and they grip coins better than the cotton type.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
08/25/2019 05:10 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use latex. no lint
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15778 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never worn gloves. I don't normally handle MS+ coins, that are not in some sort of protection.

All of my 4,500 or so coins have at least minimum protection of cardboard Mylar flip in polypropylene or polyvinyl ACETATE album pages.
A few of them are in styrene screw capsules, none in slabs.

So, no need for gloves.

In dry air climates with low humidity, cotton gloves can electro statically attract dust. Silicate dust particles are hard enough put hairlines on coins, if they are handled badly, even IF wearing gloves.

So, I wouldn't be keen on wearing gloves anyway.

If CRH'ing, best to just wash those horrible black stains off your fingers, when finished.
That is what I do at coins shows when searching through dealers' low priced junk bins.
Searching through rolls of circulated coins don't really need to be handled all THAT carefully, and gloves just make it that little bit harder, with clumsier fingers.
Edited by sel_69l
08/25/2019 9:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4180 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use lint-free cotton gloves in large size.
I'm only 5'8" (used to be taller but I'm shrinking with age).
But I was always on the bulky side.
My hands are not large but a bit meaty.
Large works for me.

Latex gloves don't breathe so my hands get sweaty which is why I went with cotton.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11436 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What size of gloves should I wear?

I do not know if a large or extra large would be a good fit for me.

Any suggestions.

Of your hands so we can make a proper evaluation .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your hands are large, get large sized gloves. If your hands are extra large, then get extra large gloves!

I use size large gloves; I'm tall (6'5") but of average to slim build for comparison.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bigmarty58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried cotton gloves and did not like them. Latex gloves allow you to grip the coin better and as others have said does not leave any lint. I mark each glove with a R and L on the back side so that the next time you wear them the shape stays consistent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4104 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of the oddest questions I've seen on CCF. Not in a bad way, just odd.
Pillar of the Community
United States
699 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a pair of lint free cotton gloves large but it was a tight fit for me. 6'1" I guess big hands. Anyways. They got dirty and I'm not buying another pair ever again because of that reason. Too expensive and just nonsense in my opinion.

If my hands feel dirty or look dirty I wash them and I wash them before I handle coins and after or whenever I take a break in between. As a result I'm constantly washing my hands and I don't see a need for wearing any gloves unless I'd be handling proof coins of value and wanted to be extra careful.

I certainly won't wear them for coin roll hunting, literally everything is circulated and touching them won't make any difference and if it's about the dirt... just wash your hands frequently. Or find the cheapest way to cover your hands if it bothers you that much $3.00-$5.00 for a pair of cotton gloves isn't cost effective to coin roll hunt, honestly I don't think any gloves are but I do realize some people have dirt and germ hang ups and it's worth it to them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No gloves here...a pair of pliers, when needed...
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  06:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wash the coins before you handle them.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BigAppleBucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get nitrile exam gloves from Costco. Two boxes of 200 each. I get the large size. The other size available is medium.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11436 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wash the coins before you handle them.

Oh yeah that's always a good idea . And use a toothbrush to get around all those letters .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
23930 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, I just use cheap black cotton gloves from Walmart. I use them, until they're no good anymore.
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
1973 D Lincoln Memorial cent With Recurring Die Subsidence Error Information. http://goccf.com/t/304624
Machine Doubling tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Edited by Errers and Varietys
08/26/2019 11:19 am
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No gloves. When I was doing more CRH I would just wash my hands way too much.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05