Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally A 1918 S Mercury Dime

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Sir. A 63? And I thought completing a Seated Liberty dime was tough. Congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7792 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats on the set!
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
610 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Set!
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

It's probably a comforting feeling drifting off to sleep at night, knowing how jealous T-BOP is of your set!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11593 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm only jealous because I don't have the coin budget that Carl evidently has .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18551 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm only jealous because I don't have the coin budget that Carl evidently has

No big budget just over 60 years of accumulations. Started Mercury dimes when they were still in circulation as normal coins. When I was a kid, even such coins as Sitting Liberty ones were still in change.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11593 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Started Mercury dimes when they were still in circulation as normal coins. When I was a kid, even such coins as Sitting Liberty ones were still in change.

Wow , and I thought I was an old timer . Liberty Seated coins in change ? So tell me , Did you get to meet Abraham Lincoln ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
7088 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Liberty seated? I can remember Mercury dimes, and even found a worn 1921 in circulation.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18551 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back when I was a kid my Dad gave me an allowance in Silver Dollars. I spent them all as if they were just money and back then that is all they were. So many of my Mercury dimes with FSB were actually from change. I still remember how mad people were when Mercury dimes were replaced with Roosevelt dimes.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah? Well when I was a kid growing up, I had to walk three miles to school everyday in three feet of snow, up hill, BOTH WAYS!
All joking aside, I do remember as a kid getting a beautiful Mercury dime each week as an allowance... what did I do with those them? Save them? I wish I did. Instead, I would run to the drug store to buy candy (candy bars were a nickel apiece).
Congrats just carl! I'm extremely jealous!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05