Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Special Limited-Edition Wallabies $2 Coin Out Now!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,534Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
910 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
'In honour of the Wallabies' bid, The Royal Australian Mint has released a special limited-edition Wallabies $2 coin which you can only get from Woolworths. You might find it in your change when you shop in store. Or you can simply purchase the special Wallabies album and coin set for just $3.'

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/...ection-album
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also available from the Royal Australian Mint (RAM)

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/Wallabi...n/10381.aspx

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19088 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woolies will sell them carded, over the counter.
I will get one.
Then I will be on the lookout for them in pocket change, until I have two examples.

I keep all colored coins that I find and just throw them in a jar. Don't know why, I doubt if I will be able to make any profit on them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand will win. The usually do. Rugby Union is a religion in New Zealand.

Edited by sel_69l
09/18/2019 08:34 am
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rawdam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very poor quality have 2 carded versions both with chipped colour section. Any one else have this problem?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3254 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine isn't carded, it's from a bag,
but yes, very poor quality.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my first one of these in change from a Chemist on Sunday night, paint is a bit knocked about.

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3254 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
paint is a bit knocked about.

Nancy, it's no worse than the one I got straight from a bag.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3022 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is pretty decent, but then again I bought it in a collection and have none of these packaging items.
sel69 - You are right, but the All Blacks have had some down moments this past year and Ian Foster is a useless coach, losing 25 - 15 to the Pumas was a definite low point, despite the 36 - nil drubbing they got next.
You Aussies may be in with a fair dinkum chance, I blame all these league type - poor quality running back players we have and their culture means they play more combative strength rugby rather than intelligence or finesse laden rugby like the Pumas did.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19088 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For Australian Rugby Union fans, winning the Bledisloe Cup is better than any R.U. World trophy.
Unfortunately, that doesn't happen anywhere near often enough.
Valued Member
Australia
101 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone please explain what the wallabies achieved in 2019 to deserve to have this coin minted.

Another example of the RAM releasing a coin for the sake of releasing a coin.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3022 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 2019 there was the Webb Ellis Tropy, Rugby World Cup Tournament and Australia has won it twice in 1991 and 1999. There was anticipation they could do it again and thus this coin was a hype piece.

However they did not coming 2nd in their pool and losing to Wales in a pool game. They made the quarter finals and got thrashed by second place getters England.

It was Australia's worst ever result in a world cup.

The bad fortune continued for Australian rugby with them losing the Bledisloe cup for the 19th time, when they were thrashed by a half empty All Blacks side on Sunday.

Go Kiwi!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
Australia
101 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So basically this coin is a lasting reminder to how poor the wallabies are!

Did the kiwis mint a coin to commemorate their first ever cricket trophy when they won the World Test Championship earlier this year?
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also it was a woolworths coin and all their coins have either been sports related or children's entertainment.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1851 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also it was a woolworths coin

Yeah I think Woolworths paid the mint for this coin to happen.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,534Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05