Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wrong Back On Queen Side On 2017 Quarter

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1647 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alan I have went through a pile of quarters not a one. I have 10 rolls of my own nothing there either. this might be really hard to find. hope some one finds another one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1647 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alan I just purchased a set of coins. one of the coins has the Royal Canadian Mint logo instead of the 150 year symbol. maybe this is where he got his coin. out of one of these sets. I let you know how. I make out when the set arrives. have a great one
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a mint set you purchased. Do you have a picture of the set?
Valued Member
Canada
363 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  12:54 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a lot of thinking going on here about this coin, but, you know, there's the possibility that this is not a genuine post. I could put two coins together, with the obverse of one and the reverse of another showing, take a picture in the mirror, and it would look like a mule. Just sayin', since it's the only post by this person. Someone needs to see that coin in hand to verify because it's not possible with what we've seen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2300 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just sayin', since it's the only post by this person.

This has got me wondering myself. If someone posted a coin and was told it could potentially be valuable, wouldn't they stick around to see what people have said?

The OP was asked if the coin stuck to a magnet. We haven't seen a reply. I know I would eagerly provide any info requested on any coin I had a question about. Especially one with the potential value a coin like this could have.

Quote:
I just purchased a set of coins. one of the coins has the Royal Canadian Mint logo instead of the 150 year symbol. maybe this is where he got his coin. out of one of these sets. I let you know how. I make out when the set arrives

Edited by MontCollector
10/23/2019 01:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2163 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you TerryT.

Like I said in a previous post...Strangely enough, Jeffmrtn seems to have disappeared.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1380 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will continue to look. In hind sight we probably didn't give the poster a very warm welcome. Called the coin counterfeit, now implications its not a real post?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2163 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alan the suggestion of a possible counterfeit came two weeks after the original post.
We have many questions for Jeffmrtn but he is not to be found anywhere.
He was welcomed and even congratulated on his find.
It is strange that if this coin exist, he doesn't chime in with questions that he may have about it.
I know I have many questions I would like to ask as well as several others here.
Jeffmrtn. if you are reading this I hope you haven't taken anything here out of context. We would love to ask you more about your find.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10222 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  03:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, this thread seems to be dead for whatever reason. We gotta move on now.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1647 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i received the set that I purchased today by mail. the problem is this is the back of the 50 cent 150 year coin. so no dice. the quarter is marked as it should be. that it for me done looking. some thing to think about the fifty cent coin in this set is pristine. the fifty cent coins in the rolls. they are not as perfect as this coin in the sets. you would think they would be all the same.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1380 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had pointed that out on the second or third page in regards to all the 50cent pieces having the other obverse. When I was looking on eBay it was quite confusing. I almost pulled the trigger on 2 or 3 occasions thinkingvit was the quarter.... I wonder why the RCM would do that? I keep looking at change havnt found 1 2017 quarter lately.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1732 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have kept my eye out while roll hunting, since the original posting I have gone through close to $10K worth of quarters finding maybe a few hundred of the 2017 quarters and I have not found any of these mules.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1380 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still nothing, even went to the bank again against my better judgement the time involved, got 9 no mules. BUT a collector friend of a friend claims to have one from a roll. But until they're made more public or I see it... I'll still will look but maybe they've been kept quiet because it's a real rarity? Frustrated.
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to find a lot of these 2017 quarters (non mules) , in a few days I plan to go to the bank where I get most of them and get a couple $100 worth of quarters and see what I find. I will post back with the outcome, I have a few other quarters I would like to find so I am interested to see what I may find. I live in a very small town with a lot of tourists so I come across some pretty neat and unusual coins.
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NiNGCumpoop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 12 rolls of these 2017 hope quarters. I will give them a glance.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05