Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Magnifier Do You Recommend For Me?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great choice!! I almost picked up the one with 4 lens but I pretty much only use the 10X, so I didn't think I would use the 2.5X or the 16X
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good choice! You'll also enjoy that Mega Red.
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, do you think I should go with the spiral-bound 2020 Red Book? I'm new to all this stuff so I don't want to spend too much money on a book that I don't need right now and also this book would be a lot easier to carry around while I'm still learning stuff on the go. Also I could save up and get the new Big Red soon. What do you think?
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7083 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CozyCoin,

I think any RedBook in the past 5-8 years would suffice, as the pricing data is out of date by the time it goes to press anyways, the information rarely changes, only a few mistakes (and they are rare now). Save money and get a used one or older one off eBay or Amazon, you should be able to find one with some patience for under $5.00 shipped. I sold my last few at .99 +media mail shipping which ran about $3.45 on eBay not too long ago. I've got a 2015 RedBook in spiral if you want I'd be happy to sell you for the cost of shipping only, drop me a PM if interested. It's not exactly 100% up to date, but it is brand new, and I want it go to someone that will actually use it as intended. I'm in the Dallas area, so mid point USA shouldn't take long (even media mail) to get pretty much anywhere in the USA.

Mega RedBook is nice for the shear volume of data, but it's a bit hard to lug around and use at a coin show or coin shop, (like the Breen Encyclopedia was in it's heydays). The best books to have on hand are a RedBook, maybe a cherrypicker's guide, when going coin hunting, any other reference you might need TOP100 VAM pocket book comes to mind, as does my Half Cent pocket attribution guide. I make printouts of pricing data off the recent web pages from NumisMedia or Greysheet before a show. Now I've been doing coin shows for around 3 decades I don't need to haul much anymore, I know what I'm looking for, but it's always nice to have some references for when I've covered searching all the tables (smaller shows) and don't want to leave, I'll look for CUD/Die Crack/DDO/DDR,RPD coins in junk bins, and low cost books at tables, and have found quite a few cool pieces that way.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply and offer, westcoin! I bought the new Red Book the same day I posted my previous reply in my thread. Really appreciate the advice!
Edited by CozyCoin
11/08/2019 12:21 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05