Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 US Mint Product Schedule

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 181 / Views: 12,179Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today, the U.S. Mint designated the " America the Beautiful Quarters 2020 Silver Proof Set" (20AQ) as SOLD OUT, even though there is no Mintage or Product Limit.

I find this odd because the following similar products are at REMIND ME status:

" America the Beautiful Quarters 2019 Silver Proof Set" (19AQ)

"Silver Proof Set 2020" (20RH)

"United States Mint Limited Edition 2020 Silver Proof Set" (20RC)

https://catalog.usmint.gov/america-...uct-schedule
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think most of those "remind me" status items are never coming back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ironically, even though the U.S. Mint website indicates that the " America the Beautiful Quarters 2020 Silver Proof Set" (20AQ) is SOLD OUT, the website still allows customers to Enroll in the silver ATB Quarter program (the first set in the enrollment program being, of course, the Sold Out set).

Of course there's no point in enrolling in the Mint's silver ATB Quarter program, because the 2020 set is sold out and there is only one quarter left in the series for 2021!

Anyway, since I needed the 2020 ATB silver quarters for an album, I checked eBay and found the set (in OGP) for a BIN price of $43.50 with shipping.

Now I'm glad I wasn't able to order the set from the U.S. Mint for $60!
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect they sold out what they had already minted and being it is 2021 they cannot mint any more 2020.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1312 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting developments. I expect that COVID impacted the Mint's ability to produce as many sets as they normally would. Just a guess, but since the ATB silver proof sets were released before the pandemic, the Mint may have primarily relied on its stock made before COVID and then focused on other priorities as the year progressed.

Quote:
I think most of those "remind me" status items are never coming back in stock.

The LESPS might be the exception since it was recently released and there may be outstanding cancellations and returns.

Quote:
Ironically, even though the U.S. Mint website indicates that the " America the Beautiful Quarters 2020 Silver Proof Set" (20AQ) is SOLD OUT, the website still allows customers to Enroll in the silver ATB Quarter program (the first set in the enrollment program being, of course, the Sold Out set).

Although the website seems to indicate otherwise, it's my understanding that when you sign up for an enrollment, the first product you receive is the next one to be released, in this case 2021 (if there will be one in 2021). So enrollments aren't retroactive.

Quote:
Anyway, since I needed the 2020 ATB silver quarters for an album, I checked eBay and found the set (in OGP) for a BIN price of $43.50 with shipping.

Nice score!
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of today, the U.S. Mint has removed the " America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Sets" from its Enrollment program.

I guess that makes sense, since the 2020 silver set (20AQ) has been designated as Sold Out and there is only one ATB Quarter scheduled for release in 2021 (Tuskegee Airmen).

Not only am I glad this ATB series is over, but I'm stoked about the cool Washington Crossing the Delaware design that will follow:

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10841 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not only am I glad this ATB series is over, but I'm stoked about the cool Washington Crossing the Delaware design that will follow:

It really is a nice design. I'm looking forward to it as well.
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It really is a nice design. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Quote:
Too bad we only get it for one year.

I like the Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter design so much, I'd buy a five-ounce silver version of it! But will it even be offered?

Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But will it even be offered?
If the mint can make a profit, you know it will be.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1205 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like the Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter design so much, I'd buy a five-ounce silver version of it! But will it even be offered?

I don't think there will be a 5 ozt Ag coin with this design. The design was legislated as part of the America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008, PL110-456.

The design is mandated in Sec. 102(t), which says "(8) DESIGNS AFTER END OF PROGRAM. Upon the completion of the coin program under this subsection, the design on...".

Sec. 201(u) says, "The Secretary shall strike and make available for sale such number of bullion coins as the Secretary determines to be appropriate that are exact duplicates of the quarter dollars issued under subsection (t),... "

It seems that the law indicates that the Crossing the Delaware design quarter is not part of the ATB program. So, it doesn't appear that Sec. 201(u) could be used to mint a 5 ozt Ag coin. I would think that the Mint would need a separate authorization to mint such a coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1205 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the Washington crossing the Delaware will be a 1 year issue.

The President signed the Circulating Collectible Coin Redesign Act of 2020 and it is now PL 116-330. Text of the law isn't yet on the congress.gov website, but here's the text of the bill (should be pretty much the same).

If I'm reading the new law correctly, it authorizes

1) on quarters, up to 5 reverse designs per year emblematic of the accomplishment of a prominent American woman from 2022-2025

2) on quarters, up to 5 reverse designs emblematic of the United States semiquincentennial and a $1 coin in 2026

3) on quarters, up to 5 reverse designs emblematic of sports played by American youth and on half dollars a design emblematic of a 'Paralympic' sport from 2027-2030. It also says that the obverses will still be Washington and Kennedy but will be designed in a manner so as to distinguish them from the obverse design used during the previous quarter and half dollars programs. So, that sounds like new obverses as well.

4) in 2031, the coins revert to new obverses and reverses but the quarter obverse must still be a likeness of Washington and the half dollar obverse must still be a likeness of JFK.

This bill also authorizes olympic medals (not coins) and 5 ozt and fractional silver bullion products. I would guess the fractional products are just silver quarters and half dollars.

All in all, there's a lot in this law.

Edited by BadDog
01/16/2021 11:03 pm
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like the Washington crossing the Delaware will be a 1 year issue.
Yes, discussed here...

http://goccf.com/t/386785
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today, the U.S. Mint designated the " America the Beautiful Quarters 2020 Silver Proof Set" (20AQ) as SOLD OUT, even though there is no Mintage or Product Limit.

It's quite possible that they've sold the remaining sets to some of the major dealers at a hefty discount.
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's quite possible that they've sold the remaining sets to some of the major dealers at a hefty discount.

You may be right, Bret. I found my 2020 ATB Silver Quarter proof set on eBay for a price of $43.50, which includes shipping. I bought it from Skyline, which appears to have at least 30 sets available.

Before the "sell out," the U.S. Mint was selling the sets for $60.
Page: of 13 Previous TopicReplies: 181 / Views: 12,179Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05