Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delaware

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  3:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Did anyone buy any of the American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delaware.They still not sold out.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless of special finish, I don't expect them to sell out any time soon, if at all. Especially not in one day, given the lukewarm reception of yet another numismatic-only dollar coin.

edit: However, having once called Delaware my home, I will likely purchase one or two for myself and a few more for stocking stuffers for family still in Delaware.
Edited by CelticKnot
11/08/2019 4:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
803 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this series doesn't appeal to me at all
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one. With 50+ more to come, I'm not getting multiple!
Pillar of the Community
United States
953 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm only doing NJ.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I plan on getting a couple of them. I imagine some states will do better than others. I like the PA design best of the first four that came out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2444 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why...most things I have to buy in 3s (except for houses and cars)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a set. One set is enough for me. IMHO, PA and NJ tie for the best design out of the first four.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I passed on it, although I did buy the 2018 reverse proof American Innovation FDOI ANA NGC RP70.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered. We'll see if this if this is the beginning or the end of a pattern.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We'll see if this if this is the beginning or the end of a pattern.

What pattern are you referring to?
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought one because I plan to keep up with the series even though I don't expect it to take off at all.
If I'm not mistaking, this is the first entirely NIFC dollar series produced and most non collectors don't even know it exists, while collectors seem mostly uninterested. Even so, I'll get one each of the Philadelphia and Denver coins, which I can pick up for basically pocket change, and the proof and reverse proofs of each one. It's more or less a way for me to complete a set from the beginning without having to back track looking for issues I missed.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
780 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just did a little math. If pricing remains stable for the life of the run, I figure I'll spend about $1,113 for the complete set (including the 2018 'entry' coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

We'll see if this if this is the beginning or the end of a pattern.

What pattern are you referring to?

wyzeguy, I believe CelticKnot is saying he ordered the Delaware coin and is debating whether or not he will continue ordering the series.

Quote:
I just did a little math. If pricing remains stable for the life of the run, I figure I'll spend about $1,113 for the complete set (including the 2018 'entry' coins.

When the Mint at their Numismatic Forum a couple of weeks ago indicated that these coins would not be included with the annual mint and proof sets and that the reverse proof coins would be individual issues, I did the same math and came to pretty much the same answer .

Before that news from the Mint, I figured that I would collect the series, as I do get the annual sets. So anticipating that I would get the remaining coins with the annual sets, I did previously get the 2018 coins and the 2019 proof set .

Now that the Innovation dollars will be separate from the annual sets and there won't be a reverse proof set, I'm debating collecting the series. For now, it's a pass for me
Edited by BadDog
11/10/2019 07:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Yup, I think especially for this set it's definitely going to be much more expensive purchasing directly from the Mint. I got into Coin collecting just before the final years of the Presidential dollars. Once that run finished I was able to get the entire proof set for about $85 on ebay.

Being that I'm here this time and able to start collecting a set from the beginning, I'll more than likely just purchase the AI dollars every year from the Mint even though it's going to cost me a whole lot more.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wyzeguy, I believe CelticKnot is saying he ordered the Delaware coin and is debating whether or not he will continue ordering the series.

yup!
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05