Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Kind Of Error Is This 95 D Lincoln Memorial?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 864Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  02:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Centapeed49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this a legit error if so what caused this? Got it from a box of pennies at a local bank in Alaska.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
35940 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a major Struck Through Grease,but you need to put a filter on your light source...too much glare. Weight of the coin?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centapeed49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It weighs 2.53 g.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2453 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  08:02 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

it looks like it was Struck Through Grease. Nice find!

I have to ask, how cold is it and what part of Alaska?
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Pillar of the Community
Canada
8067 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree that it is a major Struck Through Grease.
If it was a weak strike, the RTY would not be so strong.
Nice find.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35940 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better pics. Looks like a 1996-D.Please crop pics a bit better in future posts.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
2065 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent find Centapeed49
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1582 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet Greaser!
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1902 Indian cent Off Center
http://goccf.com/t/376888
1972-D Lincoln Cent Major Die Break
http://goccf.com/t/376595
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46577 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a struck through a capped die example. Lot more interesting than a Struck Through Grease eddy. Nice find.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm jealous
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Awesome find! Congrats
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35940 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the new pic it does look like a type of capped die.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3539 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF...if it was in Fairbanks, I might have dropped it.. I sure do miss those winters, here in California rarely gets below 50
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centapeed49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greasy fingers I bet you miss those dark Fairbanks winters! My father lives there and every spring says he's moving that he can't do another winter. It's been ten years now lol. Thanks everyone!
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centapeed49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna I'm in wasilla Alaska 45 mins north of Anchorage Alaska. It's pretty warm for this time. It's around 29*.. so what does this mean exactly guys? Is this coin worth much? If it's not a crazy amount I'm definitely keeping it. I got a box of pennies from
My bank definitely the best find on that one. The counter stamp
Was cool too. Anyways thanks everyone for the info. Happy searching
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 864Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05