Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Quarter "Doolar" ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  7:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Take a look gentlemen and tell me what you think this is. An extra O maybe also any doubling on "In God We Trust" above "GOD" or behind the S in "Trust" Thanks in advance for all the help!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1981 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It must be a stain ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It must be a stain ?

Could be, but I think it's a dropped "O" which is pretty cool. the
Pillar of the Community
United States
1981 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be cool if that's what it is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1133 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may be a dropped letter. That'd be great, but I'm expecting it to be a stain.
"Coin collectors aren't afraid of change."
-Unknown
Best Cherrypicks-
1909 VDB DDO FS-1101-http://goccf.com/t/357327
1967 WQ SMS DDO FS-101-http://goccf.com/t/351558
Edited by QuarterHoarder72
12/02/2019 8:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13859 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@WBR, can you please confirm that this "extra" letter is raised above the surface of the coin? For example, take a wooden toothpick and lightly run it back and forth to see if it bumps up as you hit that part of the coin. Or is this part of the coin flat with the surrounding field?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can confirm it does rise slightly as run over with a toothpick. I did so under my coin scope and it feels and looks as though it does not go over smoothly. I can really only get to it Below the leaf on the branch, but it does dip and rise when run over between the two L's in Dollar. #129335;#127995;#8205;#9794;#65039;
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give it a soak in Acetone for about 30 minutes, then try the toothpick test
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok will do. I shall return after. Thanks.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so I let it sit for more than 30min unintentionally but here is the after picture, to me it looks and feels (with the toothpick) more defined than before but idk. Thanks for all your help!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40818 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is raised at all, someone may have moved the metal towards that direction? Not the devices all in that area have been reduced a bit on each one of them. But it can't be an extra device. Because the coin is not double struck. Also the devices a not hand punch. (That was a 19th Century thing) So alteration may have happened.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4511 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a coincidental staining.You can put it back in circulation.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thanks everyone for all your help!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05