Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Washington Quarter Doubled Die DDO-011, FS-103

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,331Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2905 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  12:15 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am sorting a bunch of rolls of Indian Head cents for a dealer and, well, I lifted four rolls out of the crib and there were two silver quarters under them. No biggie, but being who I am I figured I'd better check 'em.

The first was a 1950 D/S, which is a very nice find. This is the second one, a quite rare 1943 FS-103. So these will be returned to the dealer as not my coins, but thought I'd take photos of this one since I am unlikely to see another one any time soon. I may make him an offer to buy it, but that's down the road as it'll be after the holidays before I get back there to return it.

1943 Washington quarter doubled die DDO-011, FS-103

Pillar of the Community
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  12:19 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that is quite the find, nice job!

And I'm glad you're being honest and returning the coin back to the dealer, you've gained my respect.

But again, great find, even if it isn't yours! It sure is interesting to see coins like those. I remember I saw my first Doubled Die in a LCS in Winter Haven, Florida a couple years ago. The classic 1955 cent doubled die, was a thing of beauty and it was very neat. I could easily see it with my naked eye, as it was the severe version. Still remember the moment.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Enjoy the simplicities of life.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47757 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find tropicalbats and really nice that you would actually return these to the dealer, he may reward you for your honesty
Pillar of the Community
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with CoinTheTerm, but @CTT, remember, you want to be honest because it's the right thing to do, not because you might receive a reward for your honesty.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2905 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  01:59 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really isn't a thing for me. It could be a $20K coin and he'd still get it back next time I stopped by. Just the way I am, but quite fun to find it and get a chance to photograph it.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! You have good souls in you ... tropicalbats, SilverCents, Coop, and CoinTheTerm, respectively. The coins have no effect to cause impurities in you... you are all good examples to the Coin World.... good characteristics are in you.... keep on doing good works

Prosperous and enjoyable years are ahead.... Happy Holidays...
Learn More...
United States
18202 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice clear doubling on the date with this one @TB--an interesting find!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin for not being copper!

Thanks for the back story and always glad to hear there are still other like-minded souls around. No other option for me either, just automatic. Personally I think most everyone here would do the same but it's always uplifting to hear it confirmed.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4584 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find! This one is a real tough doubled die to find. Nice to hear you will be doing the honest thing and return it to him.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53443 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one, bats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
577 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coin, thanks for posting.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777

Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://goccf.com/t/368005
Pillar of the Community
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a great find! Nice to know your doing the right thing and returning it to the dealer.
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1902 Indian cent Off Center
http://goccf.com/t/376888
1972-D Lincoln Cent Major Die
Break
http://goccf.com/t/376595
1964-D LMC Capped Die PCGS MS63RB
http://goccf.com/t/389752
Pillar of the Community
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  11:18 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words sosicoin. Means a lot to me, I'm sure you would do the same as tropicalbats here if the opportunity presented itself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2019  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind words sosicoin and for everyone on here, seems like we are all like minded in this aspect no die markers necessary lol. It would be automatic for me as well, I would definitely reward your honesty even if it was automatic
Pillar of the Community
United States
1452 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool post. I bet he says keep it!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,331Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05