Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lot 717 Tcnc Auction

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
187 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  5:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add twoods to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I was looking at lot 717, a 1921 5 cents in the New Year's TCNC auction...

Curious about other's opinions on this coin...

I agree with the auction description that the colours are nice, but is the stringy/spiderweb toning desirable?

Also, does anyone know how a coins tones this way?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts...
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you share a link/ photo?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2269 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As they say light heartedly on another coin forum "This post is useless without pictures!"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
520 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2173 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That has to be the ugliest 1921 5 cent that I have ever seen!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2326 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2019  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ewwww....

that one belongs in CA_Coin_Hunter's crucible...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1463 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2019  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably just the picture
Valued Member
Canada
142 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2019  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the red toning on the reverse, but the eye appeal on the obverse is definately low. Also, the coin have ( I hope ) some lustre we don't see on the pic who can greatly help for the overall eye appeal...

If I had the money to buy a Ms-63, I wouldn't bid on it for sure.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05