Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2001 Bison Dollar Commemorative - Proof And Uncirculated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  4:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been looking for the 2001 Bison Dollar Commemorative for a while. I found it on eBay but was waiting for the LCS to get it. He got it early this week and I was able to pick it up today. The Native American and American Bison really look better in a larger canvas compared to the 5 cent coin. Let me know what you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For most coins I like the proof more, this one I like the uncirculated more. Another reason I got it was that the prices on these have dropped a lot. They use to retail for over $200, but you can get the set now for under $150 (still 2x what they sold for, not bad for a modern commemorative as most are selling at bullion + a small mark up.)
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic stuff on a modern coin. I'm a fan of this set, too. Bought mine individually packaged from the Mint at time if issue. I prefer the proof, especially the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like this one and the 2016 gold coins. I'm going to try and get the 2016 gold Mercury dime this year. I would like to also get the Standing Liberty quarter and walking liberty but they maybe more than I want to spend.

I really would have loved the Morgan and Peace dollars reissued in 2021. I would get 2-3 sets of those :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3678 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:43 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful set. I'm putting together the Modern Commemorative Silver Dollar Set.
Is this one considered a key for the set since it sells for so much more?
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of the few the sells for a premium over spot, a lot of the others don't sell for much more than spot. But this one set had a large limit and was one of the few that reached its limit. But there are a few that sell for much more either due to low mintage (this one has high mintage > 100k) or collectibility. I don't collect modern commemoratives so I can't say if this is the key but I would be surprised the LCS got 3 of them at 1 time and I can always find these on eBay and several online dealers (like APMEX)
Pillar of the Community
United States
6034 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my set from the mint way back then, great addition to your collection.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the uncirculated one as a Christmas gift when it came out. I do have to say this is one of my favorite coins in the collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! It's been on my list for a while. I really like it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05