Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Know Any Modern Manufacturers Of Encased Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 865Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3836 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Our coin club is thinking of doing one. Can anyone give me a name/ website?

I believe that there are only 1 or 2 left.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3193 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19869 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting idea.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3836 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, @silverwolf.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1615 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oriole,

Did you go ahead?

I would love to get one.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3836 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Smallcentguy, at the time we were thinking of doing it for the 2021 Canadian Numismatic Association convention, for which our club was going to be the host. Our last regular meeting was in February, and the current status of that project is unknown to me. There was some question as to the cost given how many we might expect to sell/ distribute and whether to have a generic die for one side. Die cost is the biggest fixed cost.

Who knows at this point if there will even be a convention next year. You probably knew that the one in Halifax was cancelled this year.

However, your interest makes me think that we could potentially sell a few outside of the context of the convention.
Edited by oriole
10/10/2020 2:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1224 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the website is 404'ed
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5641 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed Kelly the owner at Penny Press. Will see if he responds.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17049 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try talking to Steve Ellsworth ( ANA President, owner of Butternut Coins). He has had encased large cents made not too long ago and he could probably give you a lead.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5641 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I now think the guy that was running PennyPress Mint (Kelly) is now working for/with a place called Regency Mint in Utah.

Website is regencymint.com
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 865Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05