Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1817 Large Cent-grading Opinions Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
103 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  05:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mikeyworms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all-Picked up at Estate Sale for $25 thought it was a bargin--Please let me know what Grade I should put on it when Post For SALE--Based on what I see I'm thinking VF20?
Also its off center not sure if it hurts value .Thanks for all the help--Must sell for Medical

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8, cleaned, corrosion on reverse
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45984 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F-12, perhaps ED, possibly cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2555 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG Details damaged
Pillar of the Community
United States
1673 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine details. Damaged cleaned ED
Pillar of the Community
United States
1833 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details from reverse damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8363 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details (ED) 13 star. I would think it's valued at about $25-$30 not much more due to all the surface issues.
Valued Member
New Zealand
289 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine - Liberty bold, but face and hair detail very flat. Still a pretty coin though and very historic.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 details.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fivekiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a cool coin, but the environmental damage will make it ungradeable. As an F-details coin it would fetch about what you paid for it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8033 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05