Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

25 Years LMC Numismatic News Special Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  12:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In My last thread it was strongly suggested that I take My coins out of the folder in exchange for an album. Although I don't disagree with the premise,I just wanted to hear the thoughts from CCF on this folder that was put out in 1984.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2834 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking collection...have you viewed their reverses lately? Can with see a photo of ones reverse...

edited: looks like a SD 82P and a LD 82D, I'm I seeing that right? Is that a SD 70S?
Edited by Greasy Fingers
03/26/2020 01:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are indeed some nice looking Lincolns. Great consistency. I believe what Greasy Fingers is referring to is that perhaps the reverse side has some toning going on. While these type of folders are fine for coins pulled from change, the cardboard tends to tone coins since they come in contact with one another. If you're looking to store high grade coins in a folder I'd suggest Dansco as they have slide out plastic strips eliminating this common issue. As to the question, I like those type of folders shown. Quite informative and marketed towards the beginner, which you obviously are not. Keep it.
Edited by Ballyhoo
03/26/2020 08:29 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12986 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Yes and Yes ! Put them in an Album unless the reverse's are totally brown . Looks like you have some beautiful red Lincolns there . I you decide to take them out and into an Album then fill that folder up with nice circulated brownies .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice looking collection...have you viewed their reverses lately? Can with see a photo of ones reverse...

edited: looks like a SD 82P and a LD 82D, I'm I seeing that right? Is that a SD 70S?

Here is the 70S,82P&D.I never really got into cents so you can judge for yourself if they are LD or SD.

Looks like someone sneezed on this one before putting it in the folder.

Quote:
Looks like you have some beautiful red Lincolns there . If you decide to take them out and into an Album then fill that folder up with nice circulated brownies .

Thanks!The problem is that there is no more room in the safe for another album.Unless I buy another one.That's a good idea,but, I already have folder one & two almost full of brownies,except for a couple of key dates.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3464 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably just leave those alone in the book since it is a unique presentation. You could easily duplicate those coins if you wanted a set of red Lincolns from 59-84 - talking $50 or probably less.
Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16339 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set, I love it! I'm with Ken, I'd leave those as is, great presentation set. Now, if there's a coin or two that is outstanding, I've put those into Airtites.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16339 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
70-S = large date 63RD
1982 = zinc small date 64RD
1982D = large date copper 62RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
03/26/2020 5:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10302 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great-looking set. Those are some blazing red cents!
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also agree with Ken.The three coins posted above are an average of what the rest of the folder looks like.Probably need to replace that one '82 with zinc rot though.
Since it was a part of My inheritance I'll keep it together as is.Besides,they have been in there for 35-36 years.So they will probably out last Me and be My Kids problem to deal with.

Quote:
70-S = large date 63RD
1982 = zinc small date 64RD
1982D = large date copper 62RD

Thanks for the variety conformation BadThad.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16339 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably need to replace that one '82 with zinc rot though.

It's not rotted, those are just bubbles that 99% of the early zincolns have. Rot is when the bubbles break and expose the zinc core below. That coin is quite stable at this point and finding one without bubbles is very difficult for the 1982-1983 zinc issues.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16339 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have searched thousands and thousand of 1982's and this is the best SDZ I could find....it still has bubbles!

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's good to know.Thanks again!
I think Dad had two or three rolls of unc '82 cents.I'll go through those and see if there is a better one.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16339 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look for the rarest one, the 1982 small date copper. They are very hard to find in nice, mint state condition. IMO it is one of the most valuable coins in the series to have in high grade.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05