Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Transcontinental Coin Shipments During The Pandemic

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 973Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  07:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had several auction wins at European auctions in the last two+ weeks.
I know that one of the packages was mailed (postal service) from Germany March 23, and that another was sent via FedEx from Netherlands yesterday.
Today I received this e-mail from another auction house in northern Europe:

The registered mailings are very irregularly executed due to all shipping issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

There are at the moment no airplanes for standard registered parcels to the rest of the World (America-Asia etc). Deliveries to South Europe and France are interrupted. The postal services are stocking the registered parcels somewhere in unsafe storage places.

In these circumstances, we propose to keep in security in our offices the obtained lots from our auction till the normalization of the situation.

Interesting times.
Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdz, I got the same email from Brussels and must agree that it is better to take a delay on delivery of a few weeks than chance it never arriving.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it will be interesting to see what arrives (and when), given that ominous comment about the planes with registered mail not running (I'm also expecting items from a March 15 auction in Poland )

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3299 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my lots from the March 1 London Coins Sale on Mar12 th just under the Wire I guess.
On our Ebay site we are currently only shipping to Canada and the US once a week .
No international shipping at all for the foreseeable future .
Doing our best to both comply with the Health authorities and still make
somewhat of a living .

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3424 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a small eBay lot from Portugal about a week ago. I was warned that there could be delays. I suppose that it gets stuck somewhere for 3 months it is not that big a deal compared to everything else these days.
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cderksen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered some keys from China February 21, they have not left their country yet.
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loruca to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought from Germany last week, arrived yesterday, so can't say I'm noticing anything myself...
From Italy on the other hand, I've had a package (tracked and insured, thankfully) Stuck "waiting for international conveyance" for a while now.
LRC
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The following is based upon the assumption that the email is quoted verbatim and my comment is only in regards to that specific email.

The (their) issue is an internal business issue not an external shipping issue.
"There is nothing more fascinating than collecting coins, all history is summed up in them...they are the story of humanity."
W.H. Valentine (1856-1927)

eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
Pillar of the Community
Australia
625 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not a few week more likely a couple of months.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not surprisingly, the FedEx package arrived yesterday.

The package from Germany has reached NYC.

Maybe the coin gods are feeling benevelent these days.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
German package arrived yesterday at 13 days after shipment, probably in the normal range of transit time. Still awaiting one (Poland, paid 3/20).

Maybe Belgium was acting out of abundance of caution?

Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
German package arrived yesterday at 13 days after shipment, probably in the normal range of transit time

I got one today from Osnabrueck today that took about 15 days to arrive.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on whatever you won at Kuenker.

I added to my Lorraine collection at the March WAG auction.
Poland
40 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Watching this thread with considerable interest, as I am based in Warsaw, and took the isolation time to clear out a whole bunch of stuff on the bay. Post office here quoting only normal surface delivery (not even unregistered priority), so anticipating some issues with impatient buyers. @Tdziemia has the package arrived? Yours should have gone out right before everything went into lockdown, though if there was even a slight delay in dispatch, it might not have. This being said, I have found Poczta Polska to be quite dutiful in its operations, and they take registered mail / theft very seriously.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@norantyki, First, I have always found Poczta Polska to be very efficient, and have been receiving about 1 item per month in the last two years with no problem.

The item I am waiting for from Warsaw I paid on 19 March, but I do not know when it shipped.
Poland
40 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2020  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tdziemia ah, that explains it - emergency measures were announced on 18 March, in response to which Poczta Polska stopped air shipments on 20 March. There is a narrow chance that it might go across to Germany then fly, but it doesn't look good. I can't imagine that they are just letting everything pile up in a warehouse, so it likely will go 'surface' across Europe before flying out of a hub. Alternatively, they might actually be using sea routes. Either way, I think it might be a long haul... such are the Coronatimes :(
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 973Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05