Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Broke "Stay At Home" Rule Tonight For An Emergency Run To The Quikee Mart!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,733Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  12:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was going nuts at being confined to the house so late this evening so I rode my Schwinn down to the local Quikee Mart for an adult beverage and some Flaming Hot Cheetos. Wanted to get ready to watch The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock on MeTV since we don't have cable or satellite anymore. (Yeah, the fixed income thing kinda stinks sometime. Moral of that is I wouldn't be so "financially challenged" if I'd just quit buying stuff on eBay!)

Got my Schlitz Tall Boy and a 7 ounce bag of Cheetos and had about 2$ in change coming. I asked if he had any half dollars and he said "nope, but I had a guy pay with a roll of nickels a little while ago and you can have those if you want them." (He knows I'm a collector and saves odd ball stuff for me.)

Well duh? Who can turn down a roll of nickels at 2$ that might be something good?

Well, peddled the bike back home and got this baby under the 40 watt at my desk and .....bam...... Check out this ender......

Flipped the roll over and low and behold this showed up.......

These are the best roll "finds" I've ever had! What a day!

Can't wait to show these to my 65 year old wife when she skate boards home from her 18 hour shift at the Red Top diner. She'll be excited to see these coins --- if she makes it home! (Just kidding, she has a flashlight and it's only 2 miles and they now have a bridge over the freeway that she can use.) By the way, the Red Top Diner is still doing takeout orders! The chicken fried steak, cream gravy and French fries are tops!

(Hope everyone has a great, safe, and most of all fun, April Fool's day today! Lord knows we need it in these challenging times!)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You had me when you said "Schlitz Tall Boy" that's the 16oz one, right?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep...the "Tall Boys" are currently 16 ounces. By the way I can't stand beer (except with good bbq). Now Bailey's Irish Creme is a whole other story!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7114 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  01:00 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had my own idea for an April fool's joke. Sadly the Corona shenanigans put a stop to it. I may still do it towards May/June but I'll reveal it here.

The idea was to purposefully dirty and stain the center of some low grade cull morgan/peace dollars then film a video on the proper way to clean them. That tutorial would have consisted of 3 different ways. I would shoot the first one with .223/5.56, the second with 30-06 and the third with 50BMG then make some corny joke along the lines of "Wow look how good a job this did! The first one removed a fair portion but not all of the stains, the second did most, and the third removed the coin along with the stain!" Unfortunately I won't have access to the 50 till November but I'm sure I can find a suitable replacement
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sad thing is that scenario was entirely possible at one time. By the looks of the coins, somewhere around 1940 and west of the Mississippi.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was in the last company to train with the M-14 (7.62mm) at Fort Campbell, KY graduating in Jan 1970. (Long live the graduates of Company D, 6th Battalion, 2nd Brigade the ones still around anyway!) The M-14 was a reliable, but heavy rifle. It wound not have a problem "cleaning" your coins!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17087 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought a "Tall Boy" was a 12,000 pound bomb.
The Brits finished the Tirpitz battleship with just one hit from one of those.
I don't think even a miniature one of those would be a good idea to eat - it may upset your indigestion a tad.
Learn More...
United States
16421 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hope everyone has a great, safe, and most of all fun, April Fool's day today!

Well done @ws!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny but another poster beat you with April fools he found a 1909 S VDB on the end roll. You should have put a mint state 1913 V nickel and a 3 legged bison on the other
Edited by hfjacinto
04/01/2020 07:24 am
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You had me going for a minute, but I was thinking how could this be happening these days ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was just mean westernsky. It's people like you who should be banned from CCF!
Learn More...
United States
87873 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Funny but another poster beat you with April fools he found a 1909 S VDB on the end roll.

Yeah, but he hasn't owned up to his yet and his "story" was posted ahead of April Fools day.

I was digging thru my stuff yesterday to find the 12-S and 18/17-D coins to make this thread last night. I did find my replica 1913 nickel but it's too proof looking to be "believable". All of my 37D 3-ledgers are slabbed.

Believe it or not, but both of the pictured coins were found in bulk lots purchased from dealers within the past 3 years. I paid 35 cents for 12-S and either 15 cents or 30 cents for the 18/17-D. Don't remember if it was in a part date or full date group.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was just mean westernsky. It's people like you who should be banned from CCF!

I ran it by my wife before posting it last night. She laughed (after she read the whole thing).
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that would have been funny, a fake 1913 V nickel on one end and a slabbed 3 legged on the other end.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5282 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought a "Tall Boy" was a 12,000 pound bomb.

You drink enough of them you'll become a 400 pound ticking time bomb pretty quick!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,733Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05