Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI Folks I'm Michael. Everyone Calls Me Redbeard Newbie Here Check Out My Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 457Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RedBeard3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just started collecting coins. American Currency mainly modern pennines, nickels, dimes. I found my first legit error today, and took pictures of my beest coins so far. I have questions about a few uncommon errors (at least to me) but I'm pretty sure they are good mint errors
-1980 p Lincoln cent error (not sure what type of error this is. Three is a blob of extra metal on the obverse covering the whole top right corner. Reverse is kinda bent down right behind the error on front.
-1973 dime this dime.is all messed up. It's like it spent time in the road but the scratches are.all round and moon crater like. Makes me think that this is a.mint error. I don't think anyone took sandpaper to it.
-1970 s Jefferson nickel has doubling or something along edge from 3ocklock to 6ockock,

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Community! You will find that photography is essential for others to identify your submissions. A mistake I have made is not giving both the obverse and reverse. Weight is something to consider on some submissions so an inexpensive digital scale that measure to 1/100 of a gram is important to have (less than $10 on Amazon)
10C is post mint damage. You need better pictures of your 5C.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3120 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF...1980 LMCent sounds like you might have a cud on your hands. Use the search box for cuds or post pixs..good luck
Learn More...
United States
86044 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picture of the Memorial cent would be needed to say anything about it, but the dime and nickel don't appear to be error coins. Dime looks corroded either from environmental damage or from being dipped in acid. Nickel appears to be an S business strike, and I believe the only DDOs that year were on proofs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2382 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, ONE coin per thread.
The cent you spoke of we need clear photos of both sides of the coin.
Your nickel and dimeshown are not mint errors, they are PMD.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedBeard3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your replies and the welcomes. The image uploader is pretty tricky at first, I believe I have the hang of it now. Here is the cent I'm talking about.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1715 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Very nice cud, When you get a chance post a picture of the reverse. That's a very nice find
Learn More...
United States
15955 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rb3, first welcome to CCF. Second, with regard to your 1980 Cent, I agree that it is a cud--and a nice one at that. It looks most like CU-1c-1980-05, but I there is an extension of the cud to partly cover the word WE. Spend the other two coins that you posted, but save this one in a 2x2. Also, consider sending pics of your find to the cuds-on-coins website:

http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...1980-1982-2/
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the new picture of the 1C. I understand how easy it is when you make your first post to accidentally upload the same image twice. Now I always preview before I post anything and then I have the opportunity to fix it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44271 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/09/2020 11:58 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 457Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05