Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 D LWC? Just Curious

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 354Next Topic  

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  8:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Smith1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What if someone was to find a 1958 1C DDO in the Denver Mint, what do you think it would be worth?

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I moved your post to the appropriate section for the proper attention.

Please review the forum section descriptions, so posts are made in the correct section.

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44984 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well at least on cent. We need to see images to see what your seeing on your coin. There are many of them. (Almost 801 Million of them)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48737 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics please!

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
05/23/2020 10:30 pm
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smith1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Already at PCGS
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smith1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bad at these pics but if it's it. I'm sure it'll be in the news
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34095 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you seeing doubling? You should have asked us first,you could have saved the grading fees. Please let us know what PCGS says.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  05:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You just wasted your time and money sending it to a TPG. I don't know why you didn't ask us first, but it's unfortunately too late now. It's not even worth the grading fees at all. It's only worth only 3 to 5 cents. It's a common date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What if someone was to find a 1958 1C DDO in the Denver Mint, what do you think it would be worth? -- Worth? It would depend on the error, and what others would be willing to pay to acquire the coin in question. If the error is legit, value could be a dollar or two, or thousands of dollars.

Looking at the one photo posted, I'm seeing a lightly circulated '58 D cent without the crud often found around letters and numbers. I'm not seeing evidence of a DDO. A reverse photo would be good to view, as grading will include that part of the coin.

Very interested in learning what PCGS comes back with. Please share photos of the coin and slab. Among other things, I'll be looking for that ding behind Abe's head.

Edited by ijn1944
05/24/2020 08:04 am
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smith1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like that ding behind Lincoln's head!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05