Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newbie Looking For A Rec Re Coin Value Resource(S)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 303Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hokies416 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Very recently inherited some coinage & 'Medals' that I'd like to get 'ballparkish' values on.

For example 2013 $5 gold coins, America's First Medals, Prestige Sets, Korean War Memorial coins etc.

Recommendation re something Amazon and/or my local Barnes & Noble would have that would cover all such? Or updatable software?

In advance...many many sincere thanks & a happy 4th weekend!!

hokies416
Edited by hokies416
07/03/2020 4:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1123 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would search the on NGC, but that's just me. The 5$ coin has about $180 in gold.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokies416 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At a quick glance that NGC source looks awesome...many thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1123 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome, keep in mind the prices they list are for graded coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6413 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay with "sold items" option checked will give likely the best idea of what people are actually paying for items.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3734 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree with Earle. Ebay gives you a really good sense of what stuff is going for.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokies416 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ebay sold reality makes total sense. I will check that out.

Thanks to both of you!

The guidance that a rookie finds quite useful!
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7274 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When using the NGC or PCGS market values I tend to subtract around 20-30% from them, especially if yours are not graded and slabbed by them.

Also look at NumisMedia FMV @ http://www.coinprices.org/ I find their site to be fairly accurate on the classic coins. Pricing can be tough as almost any book will be out of date as to current price by the time it's published and hits the store. Online sold pricing is really the best example, but can still be problematic if you are pricing coins that are not generic and almost exactly the same as yours. So also take the online prices with a grain of salt knowing that fact.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also look at NumisMedia FMV @ http://www.coinprices.org/
That site has served me well over the years.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05