Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Way To Get Coinage From Nz To Oz.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 400Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
99 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  5:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
May the mods move this post eslewhere if they deem so.
Am looking at filling some of the gaps in my NZ coin collection. I know this is an Oz coin section but Kiwi coins often appear in aussie change so supect that many Oz coin collectors also dabble in Kiwi coinage. It seems that NZ mint sets are a lot cheaper in NZ than Oz however getting them is problematic for two reasons:
A) There is no E-Bay in NZ
B) Trade Me (NZ Ebay equivalent has no paypal (unless the individual seller has it) although there is a PayPal equivalent but not all sellers use it. Many use only Bank Transfer.
C) Many sellers will not post across the ditch to Oz.
Am sure many Kiwi collectors also seek Oz coins from Australia. So, how is the best way to work around this? Is there a cmmunity member in NZ with paypal or Ping who could receive items and then bulk ship to Australia? Can Paypal be used to transfer funds to a Kiwi who can then do a bank transfer?
Any ideas appreciated. After all, NZ was that close to becoming another state of Australia that they are almost like distant cousins.
PS Apparently there is a Kiwi basketball or Netball team called the "Tall Blacks".
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1512 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never used TradeMe but I vaguely recall at least one member here using it and recommending someone to buy from.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5152 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can highly recommend the following:
Rotorua Stamps and Coins owned by a lady who took over the business following the death of her father.

https://www.rotoruastampsandcoins.com/

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
99 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Nancy.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
619 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never used TradeMe but I vaguely recall at least one member here using it and recommending someone to buy from

I used 'TradeMe' in the early 2000's,SACD's were cheaper than Oz. with no GST.
I also purchased Coins and Car parts from the sellers on there and never had a problem,you just have to find the ones that won't rip you off with shipping/postage.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
708 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm is there any policies on TradeMe that I should watch out for or is it more or less like Gumtree (Australia), risk is to the buyer blahblah. What about there payment system (trademe)?
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1107 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2020  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trade me is a good site but there is a lot of xenophobia with foreign traders including Australians.

New Zealand has some really arcane rules too.
Australians are allowed on Trade me, but must state costs in NZ$ and buyers have to be authenticated (Trade me sends a letter with a code to your address and you must enter the code.
Also coins are not allowed to be sent in the mail in New Zealand, so you must disguise them, making it hard for us to send.
NZ also charges GST and customs duty on anything foreign over $60 NZD due to protectionist rules.

In general I find NZ coins cheaper in Australia and Australian coins cheaper here, same with stamsp - you pick up Australian stuff for a song, but Kiwi stuff is priced out of contention.

Trade me is good overall, very few scammers a ban on Chinese and anyone not from NZ (99%) and a few Australian, British and USA accounts - mostly locals who ship hard to get music, DVDs and books from these markets (I buy a lot of my Prince stuff there).

Their payment system is Ping, which is instant credit and debit card, it costs no fees to use, but sellers are hammered witha 1.95% fee on their sales.
Trade me also charge a 7.9% success fee on anything that sells.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 400Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05