Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1974 D LMC Error On Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 333Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have no idea what's happening on the reverse of this coin. Any ideas?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2130 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lamination peel! I like it!
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice lamination peel, 2x2 worthy.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! That one might come loose - be-careful handling it.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, appreciate that Yokozuna and ijn1944. I'd just got done telling myself, in thought, how much of a fool I was for not looking on the reverse of several coins before this one. This coin is the one I back on track by checking both sides. I'll NEVER neglect the reverse again, count on it.
Learn More...
United States
16647 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet find @na!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49513 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great lamination peel!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang near missed it by only focusing on the obverse. It's impressive to hold and look at, thanks ALL.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the cause of a lamination peel?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lamination Peel? on a 95% copper cent?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45654 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/13/2020 10:30 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop. I never knew there was such a thing. You never cease to amaze on your knowledge of coins and the minting process. Do, or did, you work at the mint?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to side with jpgrajek, coop got a lit from you here. Thanks everyone.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nativearapaho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lot, not lit, my bad.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45654 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. I've never worked at the mint. But always wanted to go see one. But I just don't get around much anymore. Studying the parts used to create dies, strike coins, cutting blanks, setting up the blanks to make them into planchets and striking errors, you get to know what could/does/doesn't happen to coins. I just passed 11K images on my image host. I ave a lot of images from the site, create a lot of images from educational purposes. And still I'm still learning new stuff that comes up most of the time. My goal? To help everyone see what I see on their coins. I prefer to not give yes or no answers, but to help others to see what I see. We have a good family here and all share what they have learned.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05