Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 D Salt River Bay Error Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 887Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  12:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CornerPocket to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I found this coin today. It appears to have the outside ring stamped on both sides. Error? The circle is raised not damaged.

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47772 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin damage. If they look alike on both sides, it was in one roll and got damaged. The on a different it was damaged on the other side. Just a spendable coin. No premium.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3266 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
appears to be damaged, from a coin rolling/ wrapping machine..
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2020  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin searching to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with silverwolf.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2695 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2020  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see where the word quarter is depressed and not raised. Coin wrapper damage
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KY collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one as well. It is not the same on both sides and the ring is raised. It is being called a "strike through error".
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2020  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
but this is not a "strike through error". KY collector someone has not told you the truth. good luck hunting
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ddd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found 6 of these out of 1200 when looking for the W
it looks like an error to me
Learn More...
United States
94180 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2603 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to each of the new members of the CCF!

Coins showing this type of damage are posted here often. The ring, cut into the surface, is caused by the crimping jaws of a coin wrapping machine. The jaw goes too deep and makes contact with the surface of the coin and leaves this type of ring as it rotates. This coin and the other coins mentioned above were on the end of the roll when it was wrapped. I've seen hundreds of coins with the same damage. This is worth only face value, sorry.
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 887Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05