Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Totally Surprising Gift From Local Bank: Bundle Of Red Seal $2 Bills!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 927Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
5273 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  6:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to share this totally unexpected surprise from our local bank. My son has recently taken up interest in bank notes and I have had a few of his notes selling on my ebay store.So today he went to the bank to get some $1s and $2s and came home static and thru a bundle of $2 bills on the table, they were all 1953 Red seal $2 notes, 63 of them, one was a star note and more than half were in very good condition.
Edited by Chase007
09/11/2020 6:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent haul!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5624 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Haven't seen that in a while!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52002 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul for sure!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your son did very well. I think you need to send him to that bank a lot more!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5273 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree, it was beyond my expectations.It is intriguing to see that these are still out there. I wondered how long they had been sitting in their vault.

Quote:
I think you need to send him to that bank a lot more!

Agreed. I think after today's score he is permanently hooked
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9128 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome grab! Good for your son. Very exciting.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1106 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3662 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. From your pic you have at least one from 1963.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
587 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent haul. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2901 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a nice surprise, congratulations. I believe collectors might be seeing more of this in the next decade or two. With Baby-Boomers passing away and smaller, less significant collections being deposited by their heirs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5273 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your kind words, it is good to see another collector joining the family, he always showed interest in numismatics and every now and then looked over my inventories and albums before he moved away to college for the last Four years, graduated this year and was one of the lucky ones to land his dream job and been working remotely from home since August and that has enabled us to spend more time together and revisit the old memories and catching up with this wonderful hobby and having fun doing it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that's a sweet haul!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5273 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10712 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send that boy for a lottery ticket, STAT!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2727 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 927Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05