Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 S Lincoln Penny I Think, Have A Look Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
67 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hodi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46719 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not even the right date and no mintmark from the image that I can tell. Looks more like a 1967 cent. (1965-1967 coins didn't have mintmarks)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hodi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok fair enough, but is that doubling on the God at least?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36084 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger,clear,in focus photos please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1792 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need larger, high resolution photos of the coin's obverse and reverse. Cloe-up of the date and 'GOD' would be welcome. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51301 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, much better pics of both sides needed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5554 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a well-worn and damaged coin worth exactly one cent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14176 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clean old Abe up , take larger and clearer photos of both sides then ask us to take another look .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hodi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's a question I asked the other day but haven't heard anything back yet. How should I clean old Abe up without hurting the value. Not necessarily this one but any like it?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14176 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was being a little lame when I said to clean up old Abe because your coin looked like it came out of a fire. The truth is , don't clean any coin unless you know what you are doing and even then '' Don't Clean Any Coin ''
Yes it will ruin the value if found to be cleaned by TPG'ers .

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with T-BOP, never EVER clean your coins.

I can't even tell the date from your small photo. For future postings, practice your photo skills and give us much larger, sharp photos. It isn't easy, but the more you do it, the better you'll get. You can find lots of discussion on coin photography within the pages here in the CCF (use the search box on the top left of every page here).
ça va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05