Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nov 5th 2020 75th Anniversary Gold Solver Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 13 / Views: 614Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  9:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 316ASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK....being new to the game here I might get chewed out....but does anyone have any pointers on how to best increase your chance of getting one of these gold coins on Nov 5th at noon. There is a 1945 mintage. Reminds me of the 2019-s eagles.

Is the 800 number a better route? Or just fill out your ordering page on line and hit enter and just hope for the best?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by 316ASE
10/17/2020 9:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last I heard, the mint is not taking phone orders due to covid.

The best route is to get family and friends to try to get it too on your behalf.
Pillar of the Community
United States
840 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be hoping for confirmation at 12:01 for a silver. The gold I'm not even trying for. And not due to price.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All you can do is refresh right at noon, already logged in to your mint account with credit card information stored with your CVV code memorized and click through as fast as possible.

Both of these items have crazy high pre-sale prices on eBay.
Edited by Eagle4Life
10/21/2020 7:20 pm
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All you can do is refresh right at noon, already logged in to your mint account with credit card information stored with your CVV code memorized and click through as fast as possible.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10662 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Both of these items have crazy high pre-sale prices on eBay.

Do they ever! Wow! At those prices the web site is going to be completely bogged down with flippers.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When will the mint set the price on these?
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They already did. Here's the link with the updated price increases.

https://public-inspection.federalre...20-22458.pdf
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A "bloodbath" ... ROFL ... roll on floor laughing. It's the curtly correct maximum misery scenario in a single word. But where there is blood, there are vampires. So somebody will be happy even possibly the blood donors if they get what they want be it: profit (the grading services, flippers, dealers) or the end user (coin collector with a case of the 'must haves'). Potential for abuse when presented to non-collecting public : high. As usual, participate if you like, decline if not interested.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10662 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm fairly comfortable that I'll be able to get an ASE.

I still think the US Mint should reward its loyal customers with a first right of refusal program.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6292 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot, I agree they should prioritize buyers of the series. I have been able to purchase every ASE from the mint since 1996 except one recent S mint coin I was unable to be waiting at the opening gate to apply. I was able to get it another way but it irked me then. Lucky to get the 2019 reverse proof s coin, hopefully this item will fall into my cart before sell out.
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two more bullion coins to pass on. I will wait for the Mayflower gold coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3723 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive my ignorance, but how can there be pre-sale unless the "seller" can guarantee that they get one? Does that mean that some people have some purchase privilege unavailable to the general public?
  Replies: 13 / Views: 614Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05