Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rare 1c 1955 DDO Found In Coin Book!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,408Next Topic
Page: of 3
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WxMike to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My friend has tons of old coins they've had passed down and gave me some coin books that he has since he knows I like coin collecting. As I was going through what seem like regular wheat pennies, I came across this and had to do a double take....

I'm still in shock.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add helpmethanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
omg make sure its not fake..
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we please see a much closer photo of your coin, both sides? Thanks.

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PSD above date. Looks real though I'm no expert.
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/356041

Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://goccf.com/t/368005
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of the most counterfeited coins in the world, that's why we need to see good close-ups of the coin (both sides please).
ça va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5554 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please place the coin on a flat surface and take properly oriented pictures of both sides of the coin.

Holding the coin between your fingers and photographing it does not work.

Thanks!
Edited by westernsky
10/18/2020 02:43 am
Valued Member
United States
242 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some more good pics so we can be in shock too!!
smat
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36084 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos please. Out of the holder and properly cropped and rotated before posting.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
17433 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For such an important possibility, good pics are vital. Here is the best I can do with what you have supplied so far.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WxMike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys, was too excited yesterday and didn't get a chance to post more close ups. Here are a few of them. There is some damage about the date that upsets me, but I do not think this is a counterfeit. It seems to match the FS-101!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2091 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats WxMike

never seen one but does look good to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4455 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe with everything I have learned about coins that this is the real deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5214 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As good as it looks, still can not verify authenticity with these pics. True color,non glare,close up full images of both sided are needed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36084 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is real,what kind of value are we lookin' at?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WxMike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are more close ups showing the luster/color. Also a side profile shot. In terms of value, somewhere between $ 1200-1500 in avg grades. AU coins can sell for much higher. Even with the PSD above the date, I still think it can fetch a grand.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4455 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, I agree with tropicalbats that these things are way overpriced. Just a halfway educated guess, $1,000 -$1200 if it is confirmed the real deal. I think that it is due to the fact I don't see any tell tale sign of it being a cast fake. I've been wrong before, many times.
Edited by Jim0815
10/18/2020 11:33 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,408Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05