Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The RCM Announces New Master Club Loyalty Program Starting Jan.1, 2021

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,975Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
96232 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mice45

I can't argue with your analysis or math. As a BC resident, I also get dinged for the 7% but I have maintained the RCM purchase link as there are coins from time to time that sell out before they hit the market and the early availability does help. For better or worse, I have bought into the "renewed" series of Dollars & 50c. These are quite difficult to obtain without the RCM advance notice... and I am still rueing the one that got away. 2015 Gold Moon Mask... I was out of town and didn't have my email on... missed it and haven't seen it yet in the secondary market. Fortunately, my status was transferred; I think it may have been a different discussion had they "lost" my status in the migration of the program.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1255 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr - funny thing, the 2015 'Gold Moon Mask' is the coin that was shipped (and billed to me) in error. I returned it to the Mint with enough insurance and a 'truthful declaration' and sure enough, it went missing. I was refunded in full.
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mice45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed that Mint website still counts my 2020 purchases toward next level. According to them I am not that far away from renewing my Platinum membership.
I wonder if that is true or just a system transition glitch. Does anyone else see a similar thing?

@vonigohcr, renewed silver dollar and 50c were the reason I maintained my Master Club status.
I diligently watched and logged in at 6am when those appeared for sale to Platinum MC.
Still 3 times out of 9 they were already not available. I managed to buy all of those from dealers at the price slightly below mint's.
I am still looking for 2015 Voyageur that I missed for a different reason. Now I wait for its price to drop into a reasonable zone.

Early availability helps a bit but not with popular coins.
I know that there is not enough Platinum Plus/Prestige members to buy the entire mintage.
I wish the mint followed its own two rules: MC exclusive and 1 coin per customer.
Though, on second thought, now I need to wish the opposite so I can buy MC coins on the secondary market :-)

Valued Member
Canada
271 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  06:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mice45
"I have noticed that Mint website still counts my 2020 purchases toward next level. According to them I am not that far away from renewing my Platinum membership.
I wonder if that is true or just a system transition glitch. Does anyone else see a similar thing?"

I had that too. Had.
Now this morning my ytd purchases only count the 2021 purchase. Every time something changes, I get another :(

First I was "You are $XXX.XX away from unlocking the benefits of PLATINUM membership!"
Then I was "You are $XXXX.XX away from unlocking the benefits of PLATINUM membership!"
Now I am "You are $XXXX.XX away from unlocking the benefits of GOLD membership!"

I wonder when then RCM will tell me about the changes.
I've not received 1 email or letter to tell me the program was changing.

Edited by rjlavoie
01/07/2021 06:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1255 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I am now listed as a PP level, but as far as points go:

Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy Masters Club Level GOLD status until December 31.
You have 0 points to redeem through to 12/31/2022.
Keep earning! You are $1,500.00 away from maintaining the benefits of GOLD membership!
$0.00-------------------------$1,500.00

I guess the Mint aren't counting my 2020 purchases. :(

I as well will not buy from the Mint anymore. Not worth the hassle.

The RCM can enjoy my 0 purchases.....
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Edited by jimper
01/07/2021 4:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1255 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An update...
AS of Jan. 5, 2021, I have ordered $40 from the mint, including $7.99 shipping and HST. Despite 2020 purchases of over $4500, My current 'points' balance is now sitting at 600. According to the MC charte, I should be making 20 points per dollar spent, so at $30 + tax and shipping they are only including the 'coin value' not the add-ons. $30 x 20 = 600.

Where does that leave me? 60 cents? or $6? I don't see where there is a value for points.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2210 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gave up on the RCM about 4 or 5 years ago and have no regrets.
Valued Member
Canada
420 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With all this confusion and glitches, they might as well adopt PC Optimum Points, lol.
Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dcadon

Quote:
Where does that leave me? 60 cents? or $6? I don't see where there is a value for points.

Earn Points
For every $1 you spend in qualifying purchases, you will earn points. Exact points earned per dollar will be based on your Masters Club level.

Level Points Earned

Bronze, Silver and Gold members Earn 10 points for every $1 dollar spent n qualifying purchases

Platinum members Earn 15 points for every $1 dollar spent in qualifying purchases

Prestige members Earn 20 points for every $1 dollar spent in qualifying purchases

Diamond, Diamond Elite members Earn 25 points for every $1 dollar spent in qualifying purchases

For every 1,000 points redeem $1 towards qualifying purchases.

Redeem points in increments of 1,000 points off a qualifying purchase.

You have the flexibility to redeem your points on qualifying purchases at any time.

The best part is that your points do not expire as long as your account stays active.
Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE:

I just received my points for 2020.

Adjustment: Other Promotion
Awarded: Jan 20, 2021
Earned: 22000
Valued Member
Canada
271 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper Did that just show up or did you request it be looked at? No point for me from last year, at least yet.
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dutchman48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am new to this and signed up this month. It told me how much I need to spend to obtain bronze.

I spent more than enough and nothing showed any where.

I called and was told you only get the credit after the item is shipped and due to not shipping one until march I get no credit for anything until then.

I told them I would spend nothing further until my 3 purchases are recorded in the program and that adjustments will need to be made in the program to prevent buyers from getting PO'd.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
903 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dutchman48

The RCM has had this policy in for the last couple of years. The points accrue once shipped and billed. Since you are new to the ways of RCM, it is like this for all of us and no need to upset yourself. This is the best way for them to track your actual "spend". I like it.

Welcome Aboard:))))))
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,975Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05