Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With This Rare 1889-CC Morgan Silver Dollar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 954Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  11:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bertagaming12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm Very new to Collecting Coins. I came across this auction and they have a ton of Morgan silver dollars for sale like 13 of them. I'm super interested in this Morgan silver dollar and its an 1889-CC Morgan silver dollar. I wanna get some advice on how much it would be. I'm new to this SUB so I don't if this is alright to post but here is a picture and id love some advice.

Learn More...
United States
92145 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Please upload photos to the forum:

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Pillar of the Community
United States
2523 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try to upload the auction photos here before you bid, because from a brief look at the photos on the auction site, I'm not entirely convinced about authenticity.
Edited by Zurie
10/24/2020 11:18 am
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bertagaming12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres some better Photos.

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bertagaming12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also Heres the Link just in case those Photos are bad

https://aussiesauctions.hibid.com/c...ber-3--2020/
Valued Member
Australia
304 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no expert but they look fake
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5624 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.... to the Community! Thanks for asking about these coins before taking the plunge!

Isn't it ironic that all of those CC Morgan dollars in that auction appear to have nearly the same degree of wear and toning?

Rarely, do you see circulated 1882, 1883 and 1884 CC Morgans show up in auctions as the vast majority of those coins were released in uncirculated condition in the GSA Auctions of the 1970's.

You would think that the consignor (AND AUCTION COMPANY) would want to maximize their return by having all those coins certified by PCGS or NGC. They aren't certified for a reason!

I suspect that all of those CC Morgan dollars In that auction are Chinese counterfeits.

I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't touch them with a 3 meter pole! Please do more homework and think long and hard before spending any hard earned money on these coins.

Others may have a different opinion.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3180 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
couple of things, from their Terms and Conditions Disclaimer..

All items are sold as is where is without warranty or guarantee. It is the bidders' responsibility to verify the integrity and condition of all goods before bidding. We do not test or verify any items sold in the auction.

The items have been photographed and each purchaser shall be held to have
Satisfied themselves as to the condition, identity & authenticity, and shall not be permitted to make any objections after the sale on any grounds.

All the USA CC dollars, are fakes, in my opinion..
Pillar of the Community
United States
2523 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, all 13 of the Carson City Morgan dollars in that auction appear to be counterfeits. This is not a coin you want to buy raw at an auction if you are a new collector.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9419 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As already mentioned every Morgan dollar in that auction is a cheap Chinese counterfeit. I'll bet if you were to look the complete CC set can be purchased from the forty thieves web site. In this case CC stands for cast counterfeit...
1883-O Nut
Edited by dave700x
10/24/2020 2:53 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52002 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless you really know your stuff, you shouldn't buy something like this raw. Just my opinion.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3543 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bunch of fake Chinese Crap.
Don't walk away , run away !
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, bertagaming12! Welcome to the forum. I've been collecting for a few years now but I still consider myself new to the hobby. I haven't spent the kind of time that would be necessary to be an "expert"—life gets in the way, you know. Anyway, some of the earliest advice I got when I first found this site was to stick with professionally graded coins. I didn't always listen and while I did stumble onto some nice coins, I also spent money on coins that weren't worth what I paid for them. Sometimes this can be a valuable education, but it's only worth it if you didn't pay much!

Anyway, I'm going to pass on the advice I got. If you're looking at coins that could run into big bucks and they aren't graded, there's probably a good reason. At the very least, check in with these guys before you put down a bid, as you did this time. Smart move!

Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, Fake...
Pillar of the Community
United States
7754 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
* 3.048 meter pole
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 954Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05