Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions On Grade Wanted 4 1880 S $10

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 535Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, would really appreciate your opinions regarding the possible grades for the following ->

1880 S $10 :

Edited by MasterKromm
10/27/2020 12:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7282 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

One coin per thread please. It alleviates confusion in answering. Thanks!

The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Edited by Earle42
10/27/2020 12:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I will amend this post... I just didn't want to be seen as spamming the board or anything. I have a short window to decide what I am willing to offer for the above coins. Thanks for letting me know the rules.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59262 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you enlarge these pics and show us the coin's true color?
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Coinfrog, I really wish I could, but these are the only pics I have to go off of... Which is why I am not all that confident in my own ability to judge their overall condition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59262 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's very difficult to see the surface details clearly, which is critical to evaluating a high-grade specimen like this.
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't have much mint luster, but the pictures are not very good. If I had to guess I'd say from the photos it's AU-58.
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do wish I had better pictures to go off of too. I will probably pull the trigger on the 1880 P + S $10 liberties for $1875 all in. Thanks guys... For so little over melt I will take that proverbial coin flip and hope for the best.
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're buying it for melt value? Not to criticize you as you're not melting anything, but I really dislike the melting of old coins for bullion value. It destroys a piece of history and makes coins like this very rare.
Edited by Morgan Nerd
10/27/2020 2:49 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't buy this coin unless you can return it once in hand. Color is off, could be lighting,Mint mark is in the wrong location, or at least where I have never seen it before. All that said, these are not my area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpg22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say AU-55 to 58 and maybe cleaned. Hard to say from these photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10326 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58 possibly cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
5545 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Similar quality and grade to the 1880 $10 you posted. Assuming they are genuine (which they appear to be) that $1875 price tag for the pair seems like a good deal.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 535Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05