Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions On Grade Wanted 4 1880 S $10

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, would really appreciate your opinions regarding the possible grades for the following ->

1880 S $10 :

Edited by MasterKromm
10/27/2020 12:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6667 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

One coin per thread please. It alleviates confusion in answering. Thanks!

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Edited by Earle42
10/27/2020 12:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I will amend this post... I just didn't want to be seen as spamming the board or anything. I have a short window to decide what I am willing to offer for the above coins. Thanks for letting me know the rules.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52135 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you enlarge these pics and show us the coin's true color?
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Coinfrog, I really wish I could, but these are the only pics I have to go off of... Which is why I am not all that confident in my own ability to judge their overall condition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52135 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's very difficult to see the surface details clearly, which is critical to evaluating a high-grade specimen like this.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't have much mint luster, but the pictures are not very good. If I had to guess I'd say from the photos it's AU-58.
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MasterKromm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do wish I had better pictures to go off of too. I will probably pull the trigger on the 1880 P + S $10 liberties for $1875 all in. Thanks guys... For so little over melt I will take that proverbial coin flip and hope for the best.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're buying it for melt value? Not to criticize you as you're not melting anything, but I really dislike the melting of old coins for bullion value. It destroys a piece of history and makes coins like this very rare.
Edited by Morgan Nerd
10/27/2020 2:49 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't buy this coin unless you can return it once in hand. Color is off, could be lighting,Mint mark is in the wrong location, or at least where I have never seen it before. All that said, these are not my area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tpg22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say AU-55 to 58 and maybe cleaned. Hard to say from these photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9429 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58 possibly cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
5317 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Similar quality and grade to the 1880 $10 you posted. Assuming they are genuine (which they appear to be) that $1875 price tag for the pair seems like a good deal.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05