Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Quarter Error Coin

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 612Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  10:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

this is my 1993 Quarter like the 1999 Quarter I seen on here...I seen the comments on his Quarter mine is 6 year's before his... but they are not fake...my quarter has a little notch at the bottom and from what I seen the 1999 Quarter on here has the same little notch at the top of his... would like more information on my Quarter..thank you for your time
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53420 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics, please.

to the CCF!
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Poland
290 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  11:04 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These photos all look like they were taken with a 90s Nokia. To be of help, we need to clearly see what you are referring to.
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53420 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep trying. If you can't see your issues in your own pics, we can't either.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47722 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look like dryer coins. The reed area on the outside edges flatten, and the rims rolled over. So the coin is smaller in diameter now. They do get worse looking. Just a damaged coin:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2323 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While the photos remain fuzzy and soft, I agree with the dryer coin observation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4505 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
as well, looks like a dryer coin. Not a mint error, sorry, no premium I'm afraid.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand how people keep saying dryer coin? I've had hundreds of coins go through my dryers but I have never gotten a quarter come out like this one... when I asked about a coin like mine & a 1999 D Quarter came up just like mine... when I looked closely to the 1999 quarter it has the same little indent on the edge of the quarter but mine is at the bottomand the 1999 quarter has it at the top..sorry I only have a metro piece of crap phone so it doesn't take the best pictures...I looked at my coin with my magnifying glass & there isn't any rust on my coin.. the copper is pressed in the coin..my coin looks like it was pressed like a nickel. I think there would be a lot more coins like this if was dryer coined... the 1999 quarter is the only one I found just like mine so some how they let them out of the press..I don't understand why people keep saying a bunch of things that doesn't match up with that it's a Error coin... I'll figure out how to take better pictures but if you looked at the coin in a magnifying glass you can see that it's pressed like that
Edited by Kevin1971
12/04/2020 01:48 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47722 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a lot more images of the same thing. It is from a commercial dryer:

Dropping that far from the top and flattening in the edge:

The longer the ride, the more damage that happens to the coins taking the ride.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks but I'm going to run some quarters through my dryer to see if any of them turn out like the one I have if that changes any of them I won't say another word about my Quarter but all the coins I seen what was sent to me those are damaged.. mine isn't damaged...if you were to look in a magnifying glass it's pressed this way & from the pictures that I seen on here of the 1999 D Quarter it's almost exactly like mine accept the little indent that's pressed into the rim of the 1999 D Quarter it's at the top and mine is at the bottom so to me these quarters came from the same press machine they use at the mint..sorry I don't have a professional camera if you could look at my Quarter up close under a magnifying glass you can see that somehow it got pressed wrong & somehow they didn't see it at the mint but from the pictures I seen on here of the 1999 D Quarter I have a quarter that was made 6 year's before his so I need to get in touch with him to prove they're error coins
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47722 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is common on all dryer coins is this: "They are smaller around than a normal coin." So if your coin is smaller in diameter, then it is a dryer coin. (The dryer coins are not from a home Dryer, but from a commercial dryer. The fall is about 2.5 times higher in fall, than a home unit. It is like taking a spoon and flattening the edges of the coin making the reed disappear and the edge to get thicker. (Thus why they are smaller in diameter)
Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
12/07/2020 2:19 pm
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin1971 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again a answer for dryer coin.. so can you explain to me that I've looked very closely to my coin in a jeweler magnifying glass & from the pictures I can see of the 1999 D Quarter has the same little indent that's pressed into it just one is at the top and the other one is at the bottom of the coins... so coins that are 6 year's apart and are in different states can go through the same exact dryer and made the same little indent in our coins and that dryer made our coins exactly like each other's? I know I don't have the best pictures but if you were to look at it under a magnifying glass you can see that it's pressed like that... the coins people keep showing me look more like washer coins... like they were left in a washer... there is no rust and the edges are sharp and if you can look closely it's pressed not like what I see of the pictures of the dryer coin's...why can't they be miss printed? Because from all the pictures and from what I've studied they make misprints at the mint.. people say someone tried to make a ring out of it or someone put it in a vice or even dryer coin but none of those answers match my coin & the 1999 D Quarter that's exactly like mine so to me our coins make each other's proof they are a Error coin because the answers people keep saying doesn't match what I see in our coins because the 1999 D Quarter has the same exact indent in them that's pressed into them when they were made... to me they came from the same machine that presses them together.. people said they wouldn't let those out of the mint like that but they let the other error coins and misprints out of the mint so why couldn't they of made 2 more mistakes and missed these 2 coins that are exactly the same just 6 year's apart?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20974 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2020  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you make it very difficult. In almost a month you haven't posted a single in focus image.

If you really think they're error coins send them off to PCGS or NGC.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 612Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05