Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Quarter With Multiple Errors On Both Sides?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 798Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2020  8:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
On the obverse of this coin there is doubling on washington's eye and ear.
I posted so many pictures because I have bad luck with others seeing the same issues that I see in these pictures after downloading them.
On the reverse there is the doubling of the eagles beak and the N in unum.
An indentation at the bottom that interestingly enough looks like it was there during the minting process is the most curious part.
The one thing that I can't show you on this picture is that on the reverse, I can almost see some of the details from the obverse.

Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can anyone please help me identify the cause of the errors I see on this quarter?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47940 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage to a coin is just damage. Cause, being out there for over 50+ in circulation. Not mint errors. Just damage to a coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
920 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The doubling on the beak is Machine Doubling. A hint of obverse image on the reverse might be Progressive Indirect Design Transfer.
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to get a better picture of the eye. I have compared it to others and it is the same but two lines for the pupil instead of only one.
Its to dark right now and I will get to much glare on my horrible phones camera using a light so I will post it tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4652 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, no more photos. As already mentioned, your quarter suffers from slight Machine Doubling and post mint damage. Not every coin is an error coin.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry for bothering you. I understand about asking so many questions but I'm not just picking every coin I find and ask you about it. I have been saving these questions up for over a year now and thought I finally had people to ask. I apologise
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess there is no point in me being a part of this forum. This is kind of sad for me to see and hear because I was hoping to have people to talk to and didn't mind listening obviously I was wrong. Sorry for bothering anybody everybody. Goodbye
Learn More...
United States
18337 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@my2cent, sorry that we have not been as welcoming as we aspire to be. I can see that your thread languished a little bit and didn't get the richness of replies that I think that most threads here get.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone please atleast tell me what caused his eye to be like this? Is it MD?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47940 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post strike high bounce machine movement, that altered the taller devices, but passed over the tops of the shorter devices. Hit just that area on the coins devices. The Machine Doubling on this event can vary. It depends on how loose the machines mechanics is. Some times low, mid and higher up front the die hop after the strike. It varies from strike to strike.

Note the slight differences?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop, spence, merclover and all who answer our questions are very helpful they make this forum great.My2cent your questions are important so hang in there
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying, that was just driving me crazy along with a different anomaly I have found mostly different random dimes.

I know it is sort of off topic but can you tell me what this is on the eyes I keep seeing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4652 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, one coin per thread. Start a new thread for your dime. Thanks.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
954 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks like a doubled eye on the dime...
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's multiple different coins all dimes from different years and I knew someone would say something about one coin per thread. That's why I haven't brought it up. Should I just put it on the general us coin and currency forum?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 798Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05