Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which 2020 US Mint Mayflower Product(S) Should I Buy?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 793Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
109 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  12:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hidalgo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The following products will all be available on November 17, 2020 at 9 AM (ET). If a buyer can place one product in a shopping bag at a time and buy it, which one(s) should the buyer attempt to buy (in order)?

* 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Voyage Silver Proof Coin and Medal Set
Mintage Limit: 14,200
Product Limit: 9,200

* 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Voyage Two-Coin Gold Proof Set
Mintage Limit: 5,350
Product Limit: 4,850

* Mayflower 400th Anniversary Gold Reverse Proof Coin
Mintage Limit: 5,000
Product Limit: None

* Mayflower 400th Anniversary Silver Reverse Proof Medal
Mintage Limit: 20,000
Product Limit: None
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1518 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an interesting question and I would be curious to what others think since I might want to order both silver products.

I already have a spare base metal 2020 Mayflower coin to pair with the reverse proof metal, so that is the one that I am going to try to buy first since it is the one that I really want.

If successful, I might try for the silver coin and medal set.

What do others think of this plan?
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10830 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I am going for is the silver set. Not sure I'll spend too much time in the US Mint website fray/disaster given the 4-product release and the low mintage but that's my initial thought.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3977 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2020  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me..2 coin gold first...followed by the silver set and with any luck gold and then silver single coins....I see alot of refreshing in my future.....

Wishful thinking...right?
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
95868 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All I am going for is the silver set.
Same. Not going to risk having something else in my bag.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only logical plan is to go for the lowest mintage item you want first working your way up to highest mintage.
Learn More...
United States
95868 Posts
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I can get the set, I would like to get the RP also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
989 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2020  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both reverse proof products
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05