Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Free Download Calico Catalogue PDF

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 382Next Topic  
Valued Member

Spain
123 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  03:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add txabs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello

Aureo & Calico, after the sold out of their catalogue, has decided to give it for free on PDF. You can download it here.

It's going to be the reference catalogue for Spanish collectors at least, the next 10 years.

https://www.aureo.com/es/comprarcatalogo (click on "DESCARGAR")

Regards!
Valued Member
Poland
305 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  06:55 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely phenomenal! Many thanks for that!
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Learn More...
United States
18302 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes looks good, although I note that it starts with 1474 AD. Thx for the link!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3947 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. great catalogue. By the way it also includes the Spanish colonies in the new world, so very much of interest to those collectors.
Valued Member
Spain
123 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txabs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is used by many auction houses and dealers to reference their Spanish o Spanish-american coins. 8 reales, pillar dollars, gold onzas and all New World coinage. All references like AC-### or CAL-### come from this catalogue.

And yes @Spence, it starts with the transition from medieval coinage and adoption of system "gold escudo-silver real". It's not possible to make an Spanish catalogue from ancient times to the present, it would be really HUGE. Nearly impossible to give all references on a single book. There are specialized catalogues for older spanish coins, if anyone wants to know any of them, just ask me :)

Regards!
Learn More...
United States
18302 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are specialized catalogues for older spanish coins

Yes--my current favorite for Medieval Spain is "Las monedas Españolas" by the Cayons. Is there another one that you recommend?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Spain
123 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txabs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all, I'm not really into medieval coinage. I've asked some friends, and they recommend those ones, although there are so many options. As you know, there were several different kingdoms during medieval times. But it is used to divide into two:

- Kingdom of Castilla and Kingdom of Leon

"CATALOGO DE LA MONEDA MEDIEVAL CASTELLANO-LEONESA - SIGLOS XI AL XV" - Fernando Álvarez Burgos
"La moneda medieval castellano-leonesa Siglos del XI al XV" - Bautista Martínez Martínez

- Kingdom of Aragón

"Història de la moneda de la Corona Catalano-aragonesa medieval" - Miquel Crusafont I Sabater (That one is not in Spanish, but in Catalan)
"Numismática de la corona catalano-aragonesa medieval (785-1516)" - Crusafont I Sabater. This one is older, but is still used by medieval collectors.

For islamic-iberian coinage, the best one is:

"Monedas hispano-musulmanas" - Antonio Medina Gómez

Regards!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2020  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice...

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
7520 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Muchas Gracias! A very nice Christmas gift to receive - always looking for more reference materials for my library.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 382Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05