Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Very Cool Machine Doubling On 1958 D Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  2:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm pretty sure Machine Doubling. Very cool.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47814 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. You called it. Not it makes an incuse mark even on the nose. This happens when after the strike happens it, the looseness of the machine will allow the dies to hop and take a higher hit on the devices.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you coop! Would this coin have a premium?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine Doubling typically adds little to no value--unless the doubling is widespread throughout the coin and very, very prominent. Even then, it would only be worth what someone (interested in MD coins) would be willing to pay.
Edited by ijn1944
11/27/2020 3:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
18266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No premium, but consider that it might be nice to keep such a clear example of MD in your collection.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ty all. In a 2x2 it goes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4561 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine Doubling is considered damage and only rarely carries a premium.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep hoping one of these days you'll say I struck it rich!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47814 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've been waiting a long time also. Some have, most haven't. Finding the right coin is best when you know what to look for. That comes with time and a lot of coins going under a glass.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
4561 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are all looking to "strike it rich"!
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I am trying and learning at a rapid pace with many thanks to all of you
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47814 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a Wheat cent to add to the Wheat cent pile:

Looks like the coin was burned, it is not a high dollar coin.I was at a coin show once and boll BU rolls of these. They were all the expensive then.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05