Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 D Wier Farm Headache Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 362Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
so every time I look at this it looks out of focus and my head hurts lol even thinking about posting the pics gives me a headache lol. Anyway to the facts I do notice some push doubling however I do notice a spread spec in in god we trust, now reverse still working on a couple pics but my coin has a chimney and mild doubling in trees and maybe dub or round window.

if you cant see the stack of the chimney on right top side of roof I will try getting better pics. (with arrows and such)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2635 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hm...while quarters are not my area of experience, I'm having doubts whether or not that spread on IGWT is actually doubling.

Looks like a glare issue to me, or perhaps faint DDD.

However, I'd like to see what the others think.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Enjoy the simplicities of life.
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silver I do see some push but I see the splits also hence I ask I may just have to enlarge camera photo instead of using micro even in liberty I mean photo should be 2k rez you can zoom in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2635 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:50 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also do see a bit of the splits as well, however I know that lighting can fool the eyes, from personal experience.

Let's see what the others have to say, and if they agree with me, maybe try to take another photo with different lighting.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The light shall never be engulfed by the flames of darkness. Even though night may devour, brightness shines, never defeated.
Enjoy the simplicities of life.
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silver I know right lol hence headache quarter lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I see what you are talking about.
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

turned down lighting
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37072 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think it is a DDO,looks more like a light issue.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@john light is straight on no angle full pics are selfie light so direct ill try somemore
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47720 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the DDO on the Motto: The devices are enlarged and distorted:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
12/05/2020 1:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so on the new quarters there would be no breaks?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47720 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
would be no breaks?

Not sure of that that question is?

Are you referring to notching? The single squeeze dies don't show that as often as the multi hub dies do. But keep in mind that the class 9 doubled dies are an issue with the hub that makes a kiss on the die, then when full pressure happens, it will snap into the correct alignment. Thus the central areas of the devices will be affected, the outer ones are pretty much over altered by the working hub on the outer devices so it doesn't show there.

of course there is a 1999-S die that shows that the die was being hubbed, then restarted. (which is not supposed to happen, creating a true doubled die with two strikes:

But this is supposed to be locked out from happening. The only example of this type of doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
12/05/2020 6:41 pm
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ment splits not breaks I know it uses a single squeeze now to supposedly not get a doubled die, more reading and studying for me lol
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah this is what threw me for a loop seen some separation.

and thx guys didnt say that before^^
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47720 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That area is Machine Doubling. It is directional. On that area it will show on one side. On UNITED it will still be in the same direction, but affect the bottoms of the devices. On hub doubling it is often in the same direction, but on all devices. Where as MD is directional on the whole coin. Thus on machine doubled doubled dies, (yes I said Machine Doubling on doubled dies) when you look at the Machine Doubling it is in just one direction:

Note on the date, it is a doubled die on all the devices in one direction. But the Machine Doubling is in a direction vertically on the coin. Note the yellow arrows.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coop for your patience and knowledge and yes I was erm studying some of your earlier stuff and yes I learned that MD can present itself on doubled die coins.

and for sake of learning here is united and Liberty

Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 362Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05