Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Over 100 Sequential $5 Dollar Bills. Are These Rare?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 525Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  08:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bocwilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, Ive been driving myself crazy all night looking at these bills trying to see if they are rare. I realized after reading the same serial numbers over and over it was making me crazy.

I have two sets of $5 dollar bills and in between there are some with unique serial numbers according to a site that checked the numbers, but these seem kinda special to me since they are repeating. The set begins at XXXXX15 and goes to XXXXXX85. also I have some other bills that match the serial numbers after XXXXXX40 except for a digit in the middle.

i noticed theres a repeating serial, a mirror, and theres one that reads the same backwards. I have laid out all of these to the left of the stacks of both sets of bills I have.

i would really appreciate some help on this, I'm totally lost lol.
Thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
3292 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All bills are printed in sequential order. They are only worth $5 each. You also have a 0 in front, not a mirror. Just a regular non special serial number.
Edited by hfjacinto
01/05/2021 08:40 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55896 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing special I can see among those you've show us so far. Where is the one that reads the same backwards?

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ones shown in the first image have a slightly off center last serial digit, but that is fairly common
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10917 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Cool, but that's $500+. If I may, there are plenty of better things you can put half a grand into.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3105 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.
The serial numbers are interesting, but it ends there. I'm unable to see anything collectible in the group. If you really like them, pick one or two to keep and deposit/spend the remainder.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bocwilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the serial numbers I found the most interesting were the ones I had lined up on the right. I deposited the rest of the money. Just gonna hold on to those. the 4th bill on the right is the one that has a repeating number, but the zero kind of messes it up.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18358 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They would be worth over $500 in CFU. (equivalent to Unc for coins)
Same value in lower grade.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any Series 2017-A $5 notes in my neck of the woods. They're the first printing in the 50-subject format.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 525Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05