Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions... 1926-S Buffalo Ni NGC Au-55

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,224Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55923 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't agree more.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Exo! Agreed. I don't know how many I've searched through, looked at and none really stood out. As soon as I saw this one I knew I had to have it.

I did reach Don and we were able to make a deal at $2,850! Great guy with amazing communication. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Will add it here http://goccf.com/t/387261 when it comes in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7304 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like NGC. Good technical graders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3849 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Ty2020b .... Congrats on this great purchase! IMHO, this is a solid, long-term investment coin. Hope you saved on the sales tax, too!

Quote:
I really like NGC. Good technical graders.

IMHO, this 1926-S looks AU-58 or better. I agree that NGC is fairly well respected on U.S. coins. That said, their assessments on world coins & exonumia leave a LOT to be desired. My most recent complaint with them was a silver token that was returned in a body bag, marked "plated." I told them it underwent three specific gravity tests with a major dealer and tested silver. Thereafter, it was tested with a $17,000 XRF gun which deemed it 80% silver. NGC could have easily confirmed same! A book could be written about all of NGC's erroneous ways.
Edited by ExoGuy
01/11/2021 5:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Exo, yes I did, was$2,850 shipped! I'll hold off on commenting on the grade, but I'm hopefully that it's at least a strong 55. May end up sending it off to PCGS depending on how it looks in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3292 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm speechless! First it's winesteven with the 7070 and this bison post. All I can say is wow!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3849 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
May end up sending it off to PCGS depending on how it looks in hand.

Worth a shot, methinks. Do let us know how matters play out.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Helder!

Will certainly do Exo. We'll see how it looks in hand first of course.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3478 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent purchase. WELL done on a GREAT Buff!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7823 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WTG Ty, awesome coin !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one came in a couple days ago. Great looking example in hand. I think NGC was pretty spot on with this one. I'd say this is a strong AU55, shot at 58. Could benefit from a run through with xylene, but not sure I want to take the chance with cracking this one and sending to PCGS. May end up doing a crossover with PCGS, may leave it alone.

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one came in a couple days ago. Great looking example in hand.
Very nice!

Leave it be.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3478 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I would leave alone as well.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15045 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A genuine tough date beauty !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1918 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How in the world did I miss this thread?

Nice purchase, my friend! IMHO, NGC struggles with distinguishing die polishing from circulation wear on many of the Buffs. Your coin has light to moderate clash polishing. My very first reaction to the pics was AU-58.

I'd leave it in the NGC slab. It's an eye appeal '26-S. You did well here.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05