Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Penny Struck With A Different Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 281Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  4:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Washingtin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need some help identifying what's going on here. There is a small "1" under the date, leaves of some sort on his shoulder,a "1" on his check next to his mouth and a double chin. This is a crazy coin! Also on the back there is an image of what appears to be an inverted pillar?

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by Washingtin
01/17/2021 4:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8857 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forim.

What you have is a damaged coin from circulation.
What you are describing is impossible to happen during the striking of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, some plating bubbles and lots of circulation damage.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Washingtin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too good to be true? I used a coin microscope to take the close up images.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2965 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing the 1 under the date. I see what appears to be a hit/gouge on the jaw by the mouth, but the photos pose a challenge.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2965 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest you post here:
http://goccf.com/f/5
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Washingtin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep I realized now that I posted in the wrong place. The "1" in just southwest of the 1 in 1993. Very small next to the breast
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54762 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the small "1", near the bust and below/left of the date logo. Just a coincident image caused by circulation or possibly sub-surface zinc deterioration, I'm guessing.

to the CCF!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Washingtin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How can I move this to the appropriate forum?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18130 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also see a smaller 'C' under the second 9.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6977 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pareidolia. Nothing at the mint or in the minting process would produce any of this. It would be good to look at err-ref.com and research the minting process so you will be able to tell legitimate errors from random circulation anomalies like this one. IN the long run it will save you time in knowing what you are looking for/at.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05