Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

MS? 1938 P Nickel Found During CRH?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 230Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  12:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add c_b_mazur to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found a 1938 P Nickel during a coin roll hunt. Looking at the Red Book Description I think this might be a AU or MS coin. Also looked at PCGS site to compare and am leaning more toward MS. But I am no expert, that's why I am getting the advise and knowledge of all of you.

Valued Member
Poland
401 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not UNC, many contact marks, and some evidence of wear on the high points. I am also not an expert on this type, but grading generally, I would say high EF-low AU (aggregate AU-50), but leaning toward the lower end of that range, ie: EF-45.
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Edited by norantyki
01/18/2021 12:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2966 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example. I'm thinking AU50++.
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53, maybe AU-55, a fun find
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37757 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50, 53
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14869 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice condition for the first year of the Jefferson nickel . Agree with majority, AU .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54762 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great roll find - low AU
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add c_b_mazur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, not even worth thinking about getting graded?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5535 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 no do not get it graded
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1984 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50 as well. To justify costs of grading, this would need to be high MS to send in. Keep it as is, or send it back into the wild for someone else to find
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2902 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last 2 photos make the coin look polished.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9374 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU but a very fun find!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add c_b_mazur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
keith12, the last 2 photos are of it in a flip with the plastic layer over it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 230Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05