Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1884 S Morgan - Grade Opinions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 281Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cboyera to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up on the cheap to upgrade my dansco, what do you all think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
9571 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53ish.
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54703 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU details (cleaned).
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au50 details cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
576 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details also.
Very tough coin above VF
Tim Hughes
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1969 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50 possibly 53, might straight grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2817 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9773 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details. it has some value over melt but not a whole lot
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5820 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing how the price on these things goes nuts once you get out of AU and into "Unc".

I'd estimate that 95%+ of all the AU's I've ever seen have been dipped at least once. This one looks similar.

Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheap hole filler. I have a couple of cleaned hole fillers instead of originals that are crazy $$.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21915 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 details, cleaned
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1822 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to be the contrarian here. I can't get the obverse past EF-45. The wear on the cotton balls, leaves, big bear claw, cheek, and hair above the ear is just a little bit too much for AU. The reverse would make AU-50, though. This may be another example of the future EF-48 (AU slider). IMHO, the blended grade defaults to the obverse grade, and it would net to EF. I'm leaning toward a details designation, too.

JMHO, and my opinion and fifty cents will buy half a cup of day old gas station coffee.
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll say AU details (cleaned).

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05