Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1895 Barber Dime Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 291Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
59 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  10:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is a estiment grade for this coin I know its cleaned and has a small scratch but what kind of grade and value would y'all put to it. It also has full liberty just not legible by photos.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54567 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F details {harshly cleaned).
Pillar of the Community
United States
5398 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This date is surprisingly expensive in low circulated grades, with a list price over $300 in Fine-12. I'd agree with fine details for this example. However, the harsh cleaning and scratch will likely drop the value to less than half that amount.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14835 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mid VF Details cleaned .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with VF Details. You might be surprised on value - one just sold on HA 01/19/21 for $336.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buying this one for 125, is the one you said that sold at auction cleaned?
Pillar of the Community
United States
9761 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not touch it unless its dirt cheap and I needed a filler
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1802 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First,

Ouch! I've handled a couple details 1895 dimes, but both had scratches on the reverse. There is a market for tough date detailed coins, but IMHO a coin that is harshly cleaned would be much harder to move than one with with scratches or rim damage.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One just sold at auction cleaned for 336
Pillar of the Community
United States
1311 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

I would say VF Details, Cleaned and Scratched. Photos are too fuzzy for me to offer a specific numerical grade.

This coin is ugly, and while there is a market for cleaned key date coins as fortcollins mentioned, I wouldn't buy it. Hold out for a problem-free example. You'll be much happier and it'll be a much better investment down the road.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Buying this one for 125,

125 Doesn't seem bad at all even though cleaned -

EDIT: At that price you should do just fine if you ever had to sell it.
Edited by Rothery
01/25/2021 4:02 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05