Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm New To The Hobby, I Would Like Anyone's Input Please (1794 Dollar)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 667Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  06:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add donnie13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I'm new to this wonderful yet very addicting hobby #128532;#128526; I have a few silver coins and know a thing or two about Morgan silver dollars. But I ran into this particular coin during one of my outings and I've never seen one like it before in all honesty, and know nothing about this particular coin. I don't even know if it's real or not, what do you think? I'd love to know what a more seasoned collector thinks, ive included some pics along with its weight. thank you for your time.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37711 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I am not too familiar with them,but it looks fake to me. Wait for a few pros to chime in though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2887 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You just dont run across a coin like this. You have to pay a LOT of money for it. I say fake. And does the edge say UNITED?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8831 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% fake
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2692 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:40 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

It's a replica/copy of the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar that's sold on many websites for less than $20. The look isn't correct and the weight is off. Check ebay for listings of these and compare your coin to the genuine and replica versions.
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14865 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , My vote is fake . Tell us how you ran into it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
18628 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF, but that one is a fake!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
31689 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which outing afforded you the opportunity to purchase a 1794 silver dollar? How much did it cost you?
It's 2021, RENEW your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9369 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hair looks like spaghetti - fake
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54703 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope you didn't buy it!

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20084 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Kind of a nice item if you want fakes. How much did it cost
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17225 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other than the spaghetti hair (which in theory could have been from tooling) and the fact that the bust is too far from star 15, it isn't a half bad copy of the 1794 obv. The reverse however is rev J from 1795. Fake.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
2200 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rim lettering looks like the work of aliens.

The word UNIT is correct, but that's about it.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
01/27/2021 10:30 pm
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake, no doubt about it.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely GENUINE ...........CHINESE FAKE .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 667Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05