Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D/D Lincoln Memorial Cent RPM-001, FS-501

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 540Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  01:54 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pretty quiet night going through some rolls I expected to be of lower quality. For some years the paper rolls just stained up the coins, and certain types of tubes leave spots. But ended on a high note with this one, which does have some spots but not too distracting. A second one in the roll was a little bit spottier but also still pretty nice.

1960 D/D Lincoln Memorial cent RPM-001, FS-501

Pillar of the Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least you salvaged the search with a great example.
Even I can see that RPM without the close-up!
Nice find!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congratulations...one of my favorites
Pillar of the Community
United States
3613 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find congratulation.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55936 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beauty for sure.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very clear rpm, nice find
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1669 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For being a popular, easy to see RPM, it is still frequently found during roll searching. Nice example.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50120 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was also a nice die clash on them also that year:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4840 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! Always a nice RPM to find.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome example/specimin. When I think of an RPM on any coin this is what I picture.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50120 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they were all this easy to spot, I'd probably have the vision I had years ago.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks! Just checking things as I was off on a coin buying run today. Many, many Lincolns to go through, there is no end to it...
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05