Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Totally Speechless, One Of A Kind Quarter! (1969)

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,464Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50796 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Cut your weight in half in seconds. (Sounds like an ad, but not really)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5684 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plated and NOT proof. A lot was explained above, and I agree with all of it. Nice trick if it was a '65, but not five years after Denver stopped cranking out silver coins. Save it as a novelty.

ša va bien aller

Edited by merclover
03/07/2021 12:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1618 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I probably speak for a lot of people here when I say that nothing makes me baseline more skeptical about a coin before even clicking on the thread than a title in which the person posting claims to know their coin is a unique, one of a kind error without even being able to tell us what that error is (or at least not bothering to mention it in the description).
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prodbygodlymarz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not plated did take it to my coin guy he did a metal analysis on it thinking the same it was plated. It came back at 90% silver 10% copper and weighed 4.26g witch is the same weight as a quarter stamped on a dime planchet. Like I said one of a kind. It has been sent off to PCGS as of yesterday under advisement of my coin guy who holds many certificates and is a member of the ANA and PNG. So I trust his advice. If I had the coin in my possession still I'd take better photos. I'll take more when it's slabbed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38962 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please let us know what it comes back as,post a photo of the slab.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
weighed 4.26g witch is the same weight as a quarter stamped on a dime planchet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7077 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It has been sent off to PCGS as of yesterday

Very well - hoping you check back in and update this topic when you get the PCGS results.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
weighed 4.26g witch is the same weight as a quarter stamped on a dime planchet.

Not even close, silver dimes weigh 2.5 grams. Also, it would be much thinner than a regular quarter and likely not fully round.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3957 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to learning the outcome.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looking forward to learning the outcome.

I'm sure we will never hear about this coin again
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21267 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what a quarter struck on a dime planchet looks like....

Pillar of the Community
United States
3957 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent quarter-on-dime planchet example (photo immediately above, that is).
Learn More...
United States
33161 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling some leg puling...
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1618 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Kloccwork sadly we never get to see because OP always mysteriously vanishes by the time the submission gets back and is never able to show us how wrong we all were...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56905 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well certainly a 90% silver quarter weighing 4.25g makes no sense at all.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,464Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05