Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Date Over Small Date?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 477Next Topic  

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Julesie4558 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi John, I'm Julia. I'm taking photos with a headlamp as my light so as not to wake up my baby lol. Extremely poor conditions, but I will try harder :) Does it look like a small date underneath to you? The curve in the underlying onelooks more small-dateish to me
Edited by Julesie4558
03/09/2021 05:40 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38845 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Large date. Looks like you will need to work on your coin photo taking skills a bit more. I know it is not easy. What is your set up, maybe we can give you some pointers.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9651 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF
There is no such thing as a 1982 Large Date over Small Date. What you have is just a regular Large Date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3685 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a large date cent. And as stated above some MD I see on at least the 9 and 8. but we need better pictures when you can to let us see it better.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50648 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a large date. Note the '2' upside down looks like a '7'.

Also the '2' is further from the rim on the small date:

CoopHome : 1982 large or small date cents?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56656 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nominated as the most popular subject in numismatics for the second century in a row.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
03/09/2021 10:02 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50648 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Used to be the 1970-S was the most often asked question. I guess it is moving up a few years now. (We get something so well known, that the only ones who ask now about the 1970-S small dates are the ones are not small dates) Because after they know what a small date looks like, then the know, and don't ask anymore. They are proud then to show it off.

2 to go.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
03/09/2021 2:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5625 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF Julesie4558!

ša va bien aller

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Julesie4558 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hope these are better! Thank you everyone for the comments and welcomes! :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50648 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are all large date. No Small dates.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 477Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05