Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

V Nickels. Are They Worth Holding On To?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 424Next Topic  

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  09:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tezro128 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've had a small cup filled with around 30 Liberty V nickels for about 2 months now. They're all pretty well circulated (the LIBERTY lettering is almost entirely gone) and they're just typical clad like today's Jeffersons. Do you hold on to yours if they aren't key dates or low mintage? Just curious.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put the best in an album, saved a few of the rest and gave away the others. Look for the more valuable ones like 1885 and 1886.

Edited by hfjacinto
04/01/2021 09:59 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9649 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This series was used heavily in circulation. I have a complete set but They are in lesser or same condition generally as the set shown above. 1912 S is a good one too.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15418 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no such thing as Clad Nickels . They are all a composition of .750 copper and .250 nickel , except for the War Nickels 1942 typ.2 to 1945 which are .560 copper .350 silver and .090 manganese .
V-Nickels that are very worn are extremely common except for a few that are keys .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3716 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering that I keep Jefferson's from 1960 and earlier, you can be rest assured that any V nickels are not going anywhere.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05