Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Machine Doubling Or Is This A Doubled Die 2020 D Penny?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 97Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
108 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lmhatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am having trouble trying to figure out if this one out. It looks really good under the scope but again, I am having trouble with the lighting in the photos. On the obverse, I see pronounced tripling in LIBERTY as well as doubling in 2020...? Worn die Machine Doubling? On the reverse the ONE appears to be doubled. I am always reaching for those errors so please let me know if I found something special. Thank you.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. None of the devices are enlarged. all the devices are all affected on the obverse on the same size. On the reverse, If you look at the tops of the EPU on the tops, you will see the enlarging of the devices, but on incuse devices, that is just Machine Doubling also. Also the left side of the shield is also showing the same MD there as well. Look for the devices that are enlarged larger than normal. Or distorted in shape. That is how you can tell if they are doubled dies. We see less of the notching and more Machine Doubling on the current coins.
The Liberty devices on these listing are not real strong, but these are the DDO-001-003

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am seeing MD and or DDD and doubling caused by your light source.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 97Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05