Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Possible 30's Buffalo Nickel Mistruck On 1880"S Liberty Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 565Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rainorshine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have a very worn Buffalo nickel that I believe is struck on an 1880s Liberty nickel planchet what would the value be If it were confirmed by pcga I'm debating paying the 300$ to get it checked out

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55872 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These images show nothing to back up your claim.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a dateless nickel. The only way to confirm a date would be on the reverse if it were a 1913:

That year had two different types of reverses.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinkiller123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post the pictures you sent me of it ... it is kind of worth looking into in my opinion.

Edited by Coinkiller123
04/06/2021 10:42 pm
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinkiller123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I'm pretty sure there is lettering running through the upper back of the Buffalo too maybe my eye sight is just better than yours
Edited by Coinkiller123
04/06/2021 10:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4661 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just a well-worn buffalo with some Rolling Machine Damage. I'm not seeing any evidence of an overstrike.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a dateless Buffalo nickel, nothing else.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4494 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is absolutely no indication of what you're suggesting IMO

You're welcome to spend the money to get it checked out but you would be wasting the money
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm just seeing a very well worn Buffalo nickel
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2824 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see any lettering. What is the Liberty nickel's alignment to the "Buffalo" Nickel? If you can let me know how it lines up I can do an overlay. Here's a side by side of the two coins.

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, never see yet one with no sign of year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see what you are talking about on the buffalo. Most likely just random contact marks, but could be an imprint of the lettering from another coin that was pressed against it.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55872 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looks like a normal dateless Buffalo to me.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinkiller123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it is an 1880 Shield nickel restruck with a 30s Buffalo nickel Yokozuna could you do that overlay for me please
Edited by Coinkiller123
04/07/2021 4:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4661 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Where are you seeing details of a Shield nickel?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 565Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05