Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1961 D With Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 341Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. Josh from vb here. I recently found this beauty and have been analyzing it through and through. It appears to have hub doubling but I can not locate an example to compare

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10321 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

You are going to have to supply much larger and clearer photos to be able to tell if it is a DD.
Also please crop your photos which will enlarge them.
All that background is unnecessary.
You did not specify where you see the Doubling, we need to know where to look to see if you have a DD.
Did you check to see if it is a known variety?
We can only help you if we have the necessary information and photos.
Learn More...
United States
101029 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58377 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much larger pics please, with close-ups of areas you believe show doubling.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4403 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eager to see the new photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7243 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
varietyvista.com

Go to the Washington quarter section to see the known DDOs and DDRs for the series.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have checked ever resource that I know available beginning with variety vista. from what I come up with aside from 68 and 69 thd 61d is the only other without any documented doubling.the doubling appears on both obverse and reverse in multiple locations

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshA113n to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are able to rotate the image it appears to be a die clash. I may be wrong but what do yall think
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05